Motorcycle Blue Lights

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
Here's my 2009 KLX 250 S with some warning lights. Bike isn't used for responses unless I'm already out and about on it and in the area when a call comes in.

Feniex Cobra T3 and Cannons

Rear integrated tail light for fun

After reading the install thread requirements, I'm not sure that this will comply. Please move/remove if it doesn't.

Reactions: Sparky_911 and 336
May 9, 2012
Central Florida
That's actually not a bad little setup. I personally wouldn't respond on it just due to the fact the drivers out there can't even see/hear us in a big red fire truck...so no doubt someone would end up hitting you or causing you to wreck on that. But, overall, a nice simple setup.

Reactions: Storm4200

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Nice. That T3 packs a lot of punch for as small as it is.  I had thought about doing B/A or W/A cannons in the turns on my Sportster (B/A to the rear...I already have a red T3 as a "CHMSL").  I may have to revisit the idea after seeing your bike.  

Krsdog25

Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Have you tried flashing all the blue together then the amber? I think it might add to the punch and improve your visibility from a distance.  Very neat setup.

Reactions: tsquale and 336

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
That's actually not a bad little setup. I personally wouldn't respond on it just due to the fact the drivers out there can't even see/hear us in a big red fire truck...so no doubt someone would end up hitting you or causing you to wreck on that. But, overall, a nice simple setup.

Thank you! The big thing with "courtesy lights" is when used properly they shouldn't pose any additional risk for motorists. Given the 2 lane 35-45 mph roads in my districts, the extent of their use is requesting motorists I'm coming up on to pull to the right and stop. Surprisingly enough, even with the motorcycle, they do - at which time I'm able to safely proceed past. 

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
Have you tried flashing all the blue together then the amber? I think it might add to the punch and improve your visibility from a distance.  Very neat setup.

I was debating which way to do it while installing. It'd be too much frustration for me to change it now, but I am curious if it'd be more effective.

Nice. That T3 packs a lot of punch for as small as it is.  I had thought about doing B/A or W/A cannons in the turns on my Sportster (B/A to the rear...I already have a red T3 as a "CHMSL").  I may have to revisit the idea after seeing your bike.  

With the new cannons, you can do solid running lights, blinkers, and warning lights. I should have thought of that before hand since I see a lot of bikes with steady amber blinkers when they're driving. My only concern would be heat. 

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not bad! Personally, I would only flash blue to the front (use the amber only for front turn signals) & replace the T3 with one of the new 12 diode apollos to have a little more of a punch with linear/off-axis output 

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
No offense but I was thinking "meh" when I first started reading, but it turned out great!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.