Motorcycle hits Minivan

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
GVFD82X12 said:
How did the rider do? Is it just me, or does that look like a crap ton of blood in Picture #2

I wish I was able to get more info like helmet no helmet. It looked like transmission fluid up close but then again I have never seen a pool of blood that big.

If you look close, above the rear window is a dent presumably from a head/helmet

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
Jennifer Rose Towing said:
I wish I was able to get more info like helmet no helmet. It looked like transmission fluid up close but then again I have never seen a pool of blood that big.
If you look close, above the rear window is a dent premably from a head/helmet
What rear window? lol This scene looks familiar to a mini van vs bike only mini van hit bike. bad deal either way!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I'd wager that the ambulance did not need to run code 3 to the hospital. A hit that bad and even if the helmet keeps the rider from spilling his brains, it won't prevent his neck from snapping. :cry:

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Why the hell was the motorcycle traveling at speed in a dedicated turning lane...? OR is this a "turning location" on a passing zone...? Regardless, failure on the motorcycle driver...

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
TritonBoulder47 said:
Why the hell was the motorcycle traveling at speed in a dedicated turning lane...? OR is this a "turning location" on a passing zone...? Regardless, failure on the motorcycle driver...

This spot had a short passing zone on the right.

Their was about a 50 foot skid mark leading to the crash.

JLW3210

Jun 18, 2010
Louisiana
Looks like the van and cycle were both traveling in the left travel lane of a two laned roadway (white dashed centerline), and the area they were in appears to be a passing zone due to the broken yellow centerline (1st pic). 2nd pic shows solid yellow centerline and makes sense due to the intersection.

Cyclist definitely wasn't paying attention and was definitley following too closely. I also believe that is blood in the second pic, due to the darkness and the thickness of the fluid.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
The large spot on the left is some sort of fluid and the pool on the right is definitely and most unfortunately blood......damn.....

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have seen blood spattered in cars (accidents, gunshots) but never pooled on the ground, I honestly thought it was transmission fluid. I did notice some blood on the top of the door just below the dent. Still could have been wearing a helmet and smashed his face but just don't know.

I was looking at the bumper stickers on the back of the van, none were "start seeing motorcycles" but with how crazy some have been around me in the last few months I should get one "start seeing, motorcycles."

Last month I was driving on a rural 2 lane road being followed closely by a biker. A deer ran across the road in front of me, I don't know how he didn't dump his bike or hit me (gotta give him credit for that). For the next several miles he was a distance back. it is only the screw offs that stick in my mind. A place and time for everything.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
emtanderson51 said:
The large spot on the left is some sort of fluid and the pool on the right is definitely and most unfortunately blood......damn.....

Agreed. "Best" case scenario; someone will be in ICU for a long time.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Thats blood. The spot next to the glass is fluid. You can see in the first pic the position of rest, where the bike is down on its right side, and the driver would have been under it, with his head right there. Looks like a big wad of gauze there as well. Dude panicked and braked with his rear brake, that is why there is a 50 foot skid mark. You never lock up your rear brake on a bike! There is no weight to put on the tire.

JLW3210

Jun 18, 2010
Louisiana
Yup! You gotta compress those front shocks and get more tire on the road! A lot of folks are scared of the front brake. The front brake is what brings you to a stop!

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
JLW3210 said:
Yup! You gotta compress those front shocks and get more tire on the road! A lot of folks are scared of the front brake. The front brake is what brings you to a stop!

Absolutely correct!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.