motorcycle siren

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Anyone know of a motorcycle siren that has a small amplifier that could be installed without having to have saddle bags or a box on the rear.

Entertaining the idea of putting one on my Harley just to play around with so I don"t need to spend a ton of m oney either.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
I have crash bars so I oughta be able to get a chrome round bell siren and mount it pretty easily. I will look at Sho-me. Thanks. Carson also has a small amp model that they advertise as a motorcycle siren, but it doesn;t look like or mention that it is weatherproof.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
167 said:
Anyone know of a motorcycle siren that has a small amplifier that could be installed without having to have saddle bags or a box on the rear.

Entertaining the idea of putting one on my Harley just to play around with so I don"t need to spend a ton of m oney either.

Just to play around with? :roll: :roll:

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Rofocowboy84 said:
So, you have no actual need for a siren then? Just because it's cool?

No, just because I can.

Forget I asked. I thought this was the "Audible Equipment Tech Discussions" thread, not the I wanna play the siren police thread.

nmemergency

May 23, 2010
Northern Michigan
167 said:
Yes, just to play around with. And, I think I found the answer. Federal Signal carries another line that includes a 30 watt siren that has a small speaker with the amp and tone generator built in.

Anyone ever seen or used one?

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/lit ... Sirens.pdf
My Fire/Rescue/EMS department has one on our ATV. Very small and loud for a 30 Watt siren. Also has A LOT tones you can choose from, we just use Wail, Yelp and Air Horn.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Rofocowboy84 said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm just bored, lol....

You can? So you currently hold a position with a department/agency who's members are permitted to use sirens on their POVs according to state law? ;)
I am bored as well. I do rofo, but I do not owe you or anyone else on this board any explanation. I was asking a question about a product. That is primarily what this board, especially this portion of it, is about. Do you ever answer a question without playing internet police or did I just get lucky? :cool:

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
nmemergency said:
My Fire/Rescue/EMS department has one on our ATV. Very small and loud for a 30 Watt siren. Also has A LOT tones you can choose from, we just use Wail, Yelp and Air Horn.
Thanks for the info. I am primarily going to use this for the airhorn function as my cycle horn has gone bad twice and could barely be heard when it did work. Maybe this will be the cure. We'll see.....odered one this afternoon along with an handle bar mount (3) switch auxillary control from my local HD dealer.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
167 said:
I am bored as well. I do rofo, but I do not owe you or anyone else on this board any explanation. I was asking a question about a product. That is primarily what this board, especially this portion of it, is about. Do you ever answer a question without playing internet police or did I just get lucky? :cool:

Eh, you pretty much got lucky, lol. If you are permitted, then great, just seemed like you were evading the question like the ones who later become problems usually do. ;)

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
167 said:
Yes, just to play around with. And, I think I found the answer. Federal Signal carries another line that includes a 30 watt siren that has a small speaker with the amp and tone generator built in.

Anyone ever seen or used one?

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/lit ... Sirens.pdf

Oh neat, I am late to this "party".... :cool:

Anyone got a weblink to all those tones for the above siren? Me thinking the EMS Gator could use one of these, other than the pa300 jerry rigged up to it currently...

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
unlisted said:
Oh neat, I am late to this "party".... :cool:

Anyone got a weblink to all those tones for the above siren? Me thinking the EMS Gator could use one of these, other than the pa300 jerry rigged up to it currently...
Seems like I saw a page that perhaps listed or descibed the siren tones, but I do not think there were audio files associated where you could hear them. I'll see if I can find them again.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Thanks Jared. As stated, I already ordered it so I guess I will see how it is when it gets here. If it's as loud as or louder than a stock HD horn, I will probably roll with it, if not I will do something different.

The biggest problem I have is finding a waterproof amp that is small enough to mount without the use of an equipment mount case or permanently mounted saddlebags. I think Sound off has the smallest I have seen, but space is still gonna be a problem.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
That may be a good option if I can find a way to mount and conceal the amp. Could hook it up straight to the stock horn button. I'll have to see what they sell for.

AggiePhil

Jul 17, 2010
Southwest
Between the Federal Signal SoundStar SCS1000 series and the Whelen WSSC30/WSSPA30 series, I think I like the looks of the Whelen offering more. Both can be had with a PA mode (though you'll pay extra), but the Whelen looks like it has more siren tones available and costs less. Other than that, both are about the same size and weight.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.