Motorola CDM Questions

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
I am wondering if there is some kind of program out there, that I can control my radio through my computer. I would like to see the display and everything on the screen. I have a Motorola MW800 in my car and would like to have the controls there. I am already going to be getting my lights and siren controlled through there, so I would like the radio functions as well. If you guys have any information that would be great. Thanks

medic550

May 24, 2010
pa usa
this might be a better question over on batboards.batlabs.com

I seem to recall the radio has to support the SB9600 Bus to work through the computer.

Something like Spectras and Newer radios.

Frank

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
It can be done, but you need to have a RIB box, RIB to computer serial cable and a RIB to radio cable.

No, a Ribless cable won't work.

And then you need the software on the computer. I'm not sure if the CDM is supported but I will check and see if I have a copy of it somewhere and check for the CDM.

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
SlickTop Solutions said:
It can be done, but you need to have a RIB box, RIB to computer serial cable and a RIB to radio cable.

No, a Ribless cable won't work.

And then you need the software on the computer. I'm not sure if the CDM is supported but I will check and see if I have a copy of it somewhere and check for the CDM.

Update:

I have a little time to look at the software and I see theMCS2000, Spectra and Astro Spectra supported, but I don't see any other radios supported. I will say all I had at the time were NCS's and Spectra/Astro Spectras, so I may need to reload it and add options. I will check further as I get time.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.