Motorola MCS2000 question *UPDATED*

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I got a hand me down Moto MCS2000 mobile today. I was told I'd need some special speaker and/or adapter. Can anybody verify this? If so, what type?

Radio Tech

May 27, 2010
Vermont
SlickTop Solutions said:
Nothing special about it. It uses the same 16 min connector used on most Motorola Maxtrac units.

MCS2000's use the plug on the bottom....... Call your local Motorola shop and they can get you the plastic "holder" and the pin inserts cheaply.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Been so long since I've been in this forum when not using my smartphone, I forgot to reply back when on the laptop. Thanks for the info. I dropped off the radio today for programming, I'll give the shop a shout to see if they have that stuff in stock or if it has to be ordered.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Next question I've got is in reference to mounting the head in my console. I've got a Havis, but I remember some conversation a while back saying another brand of brackets would line up just the same in Havis consoles. If so, who knows which brand(s)?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.