Motorola Minitor V Help/Program.

xcrownvicx

Dec 3, 2011
New Jersey
Hi i have a question about the minitor 5 software. I want to get my own pager and software but i am a little confused. what is all the tones i think i know to do to the frequency part but the tone part looks hard can anyone explain this a little bit. thankss :duh:

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Don't take this the wrong way... but if you can't figure out your agency's QCII Tone... you don't need to be the one programming the pagers!

Seriously, talk to a radio shop and figure out what the tone is. Or if you have a radio with QCII capability setup, read the radio and get the tones.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Pimp said:
Don't take this the wrong way... but if you can't figure out your agency's QCII Tone... you don't need to be the one programming the pagers!

Seriously, talk to a radio shop and figure out what the tone is. Or if you have a radio with QCII capability setup, read the radio and get the tones.

Pimp's right, you need to do some learning before you start pumping data into a pager.

Here's a website that has a fairly decent description of QC-II paging. I recommend that you study this and then do some searching on the net for more info on paging and pagers in general. Two-tone Paging

Good places to listen and learn are radioreference.com and batboard.batlabs.com. On both sites, I strongly suggest that you search and read and read some more. The details about paging and tone codes are already there for the finding.

xcrownvicx

Dec 3, 2011
New Jersey
Pimp said:

Well i have a minitor 5 now can't i just use that and put the same tones in my new one. :eek:

Jtsou

Nov 6, 2011
NC
Steve0625 said:
Pimp's right, you need to do some learning before you start pumping data into a pager.

Here's a website that has a fairly decent description of QC-II paging. I recommend that you study this and then do some searching on the net for more info on paging and pagers in general. Two-tone Paging

Good places to listen and learn are radioreference.com and batboard.batlabs.com. On both sites, I strongly suggest that you search and read and read some more. The details about paging and tone codes are already there for the finding.

I agree with Steve, I am a member Radioreference.com and it is a great site, just post your question in the motorola forum.

Tell me the county and agency you are trying to get the tone for and I may be able to find it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeaustin924

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.