For Sale Motorola MT2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I have an MT2000 for sale either for parts or someone may be able to fix it. Its showing an error code E01/02 then powers up. Screen works great. My radio guy said he couldn't get it to work with the programming. I'll have to look but I may have an antenna and charger to go with it.

Asking $70 plus shipping. PayPal or USPS money order.

Attachments

• 20160107_151702.jpg
    20160107_151702.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160107_150605.jpg
    20160107_150605.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160107_151702.jpg
    20160107_151702.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20160107_150619.jpg
    20160107_150619.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160107_150558.jpg
    20160107_150558.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 7

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
No problem. If it was UHF I would be alittle more serious about it.

And I found this online about your error code:
Non-Fatal. EEPROM checksum error. Bad internal codeplug data

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
No problem. If it was UHF I would be alittle more serious about it.

And I found this online about your error code:
Non-Fatal. EEPROM checksum error. Bad internal codeplug data

I understand. Because I don't understand radios all that good; is a codeplug something that can be fixed easily? And if so how would I go about doing so?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
^. What tuckerm said.
If you have an older (original possibly) codeplug you can try to rewrite that codeplug to the radio.
I don't know if you have programmed it or have the hardware to do it. And I certainly am not trying to put you down by any means. Just imputing some knowledge.
I don't do much radio programming but have learned a few things over the years. (Once the hard way) Whenever I got a new to me radio the first thing I did was read and save the codeplug. Then I changed what I needed and the re-wrote the updated codeplug to the radio. Then saved the new Codeplug and named it differently. Always saved the original codeplug he in case something happened.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Got an old version of the codeplug you can write back to the radio?

I don't have one. I'll have to talk to my radio guy and see if he does.

^. What tuckerm said.
If you have an older (original possibly) codeplug you can try to rewrite that codeplug to the radio.
I don't know if you have programmed it or have the hardware to do it. And I certainly am not trying to put you down by any means. Just imputing some knowledge.
I don't do much radio programming but have learned a few things over the years. (Once the hard way) Whenever I got a new to me radio the first thing I did was read and save the codeplug. Then I changed what I needed and the re-wrote the updated codeplug to the radio. Then saved the new Codeplug and named it differently. Always saved the original codeplug he in case something happened.

I understand. I'm clueless when it comes to programming them. I would like to learn, especially so I can program stuff in my XTS when I want to. When I bought it off someone I sent it to my radio guy due to speaker issues. He fixed that but when he went to program it it wouldn't read it. I'll have to contact him and see if he can take care of it.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Yea. I can understand. I taught myself. I programmed HT1000's but know the MT2000 use the same style program. Different software but share many characteristics.
Love doing things myself.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Yea. I can understand. I taught myself. I programmed HT1000's but know the MT2000 use the same style program. Different software but share many characteristics.
Love doing things myself.

I'd love to learn for the HT's. I just don't have a computer old enough to run it, and don't have the CPS or cables. I would like to get the software for my XTS so I can program it and be able to upgrade the firmware too. But don't have the money to buy from Motorola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.