Motorola radio jackpot!

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Stumbled upon a craigslist ad here locally advertising "motorola cb radios" for sale. I open the ad and see the pictures below. Now I am a definite NOOB, but I know these are NOT cb radios. So I emailed the guy asking for model numbers. I get this in return...

"cdm1250 motorola radio i think they are 2 way radios they have mics with them and where used in taxicabs but can be programmed with different channels. i got 18 total work good i will sell individually for $40 each or $400 for all of them"

I'm definitely getting at least two for myself!

radio1.jpg

radio2.jpg

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
PM sent

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
emt322636 said:
Thats what I asked in a subsequent email, and also about power wires or antennas, even still though, $40/each is still damned good isnt it?
If he can not tell you the band, have him get you the model number off the label on the back or bottom and I or someone else here can decode it for you.

If they are VHF, I'd be interested in one or more.

$40 each is real good if they work.

May 22, 2010
New York City
doesnt mean i will get it either, i know a few others who sent in BIG offers.......

and next time, dont post your find of the HOLY GRAIL radio lots lol.......

do you think i post everything i find? i post NOTHING !!!

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
But, if one of your makes the buy, I will offer to pick them up and ship them to you on my dime, if I can pick out one or two. (if you need more money than just free shipping we can talk).

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
911 said:
doesnt mean i will get it either, i know a few others who sent in BIG offers.......

and next time, dont post your find of the HOLY GRAIL radio lots lol.......

do you think i post everything i find? i post NOTHING !!!

Wow, dealing in used radios is a cutthroat business! Can't y'all work out a mutually amicable deal to let everyone get a piece of the pie?? Sharing is caring......

May 22, 2010
New York City
emt322636 said:
But, if one of your makes the buy, I will offer to pick them up and ship them to you on my dime, if I can pick out one or two. (if you need more money than just free shipping we can talk).

if i get them, i will throw a radio or 2 your way finders fee...........

i did just speak to the seller via email, and he has raised his asking price !!! so negotiations have begun

May 22, 2010
New York City
emt322636 said:
Must be why he hasn't answered mine. lol Will only be of use to me if they're either low band or in the 154.xxx range

disregard, what i wrote, it was a e-mail from another craigs list seller,about different radios, and i got them confused...........

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Ok, I just got off the phone with the guy, I'm going to see them tomorrow. He read a label to me and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Shall I take pics?

He said they belonged to his late father who ran a cab company here locally, but closed it up a few years ago. He says they have been kept in a garage ever since. He also gave me an FCC ID off the label.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
911 said:
just got off the phone with him too, wants us to send the money tonight via western union....

Careful...you might not see your radios, or the money for that matter, ever again. $40 sounds too good to be true. Anyone these days with half a brain would type the model number off the front into google to see what comes up. I cannot believe that he would part with them for that little...

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Well I just left the guys house with two radios, he honored his original price, and also dug up a antenna new in the bag that I gave hime another $20 for. We hooked the radios up to batteries and tested them with success. I will post pics of the radios I bought when I get home. They are going to need a cleaning though.

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
Hahahaha!

Drum Cab Company!

I rode in one of thier taxis while in town 3 years ago...

I know where they bought those CDMs and I know they payed list price for them too.

Sad

wkr518

May 22, 2010
42.791127, -73.679758
kinnelonfire75 said:
Careful...you might not see your radios, or the money for that matter, ever again. $40 sounds too good to be true. Anyone these days with half a brain would type the model number off the front into google to see what comes up. I cannot believe that he would part with them for that little...

He inherited the stuff from his deceased father taxi business a few years ago. He has no idea of the value of them.

I almost drove up today to take them all from off of him, and his $2000 repeater antenna set up.

and the local shop who sold them to him would not even make an offer to buy them back or broker them for him.

as for the half a brain thing.....not touching it :)

mfaith91

May 23, 2010
Kentucky
So are you buying anymore? I can paypal you some $$ to pick me up a couple.

Please let me know what you end up doing.

Mike

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
I purchased the rest ,anaged to get 12 CDM1250s all with Moto Mics. A CDM750 with model specific astron power supply and 2 desk mics along with 5 or 6 off brand mics. He even delivered them to me. He had no real idea what he had and made me nervouse to deal with would not take a buisness check only cash and wanted them gone quick. I ran them on the stolen radio database they are good. I have not pluged into cps as of yet, I am curious because it looks like a Passport trunking symbol on the screen last I knew the 1250s never did passport so perhaps these has an option board? Does he have an antenna set up for sale?

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Well now there is no answer on his phone, and I swung by his house this morning, his vehicle was there, but no answer to my knock on the door...so I don't know if I'll be getting the last two radios.

Edit: Just talked to him, didn't realize he worked overnights so he was asleep. He'll be bringing the last two over to me sometime this afternoon. I'd go over there but I'm waiting from noon till next Thursday for the cable guy!

Edit 2: Posted in the for sale section!

Last edited by a moderator:

asweezy

May 20, 2010
Wellsville, NY
For those that have PMd I did buy the rest as stated. Yes I will be selling first come first serve basis. In the process of cleaning and testing all now as well as replacing buttons. I will offer Programing as well and these radios do have a scrambler board on them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.