Mounting Kenwood mobile on dash?

billfires

May 24, 2010
USA, MA
Does anyone see a problem with mounting a Whelen Alpha siren on the dashboard shelf of a 2011 Ford F250? Thanks, Bill C

Last edited by a moderator:
Might also want to check your local laws regarding "Obstruction of View"

This is pretty common around me and I always cringe...as stated, the heat from the sun, or your defroster couls easily damage the internals...plus there is no way in hell i would put holes on top of my dash, or even worse, have a potential projectile from impacts/airbags that could hurt my children.

Sorry guys, I should have put more info in this post. This is our fire dept pickup and the siren/radio will be bolted through the dash. I never considered the possibility of heat related damage to the units. Thanks for the info, Bill C

billfires said:
Sorry guys, I should have put more info in this post. This is our fire dept pickup and the siren/radio will be bolted through the dash. I never considered the possibility of heat related damage to the units. Thanks for the info, Bill C
How about mounting one or the other in the din position where the AM/FM radio goes? Would both fit in there?

When I joined the squad here, I was surprised to see that the radio is bolted to the top of the dashboard. And the AM/FM never gets used. The manufacturer of our radio even offers a din mount.

since this is a new truck, maybe you should of spec. it with a different siren.........it would solve all your problems.........

and #2, you can change the title of your post.............

911, I didn't spec the truck or the equipment, with budgets being tight I was asked if I could do the installs while I am on duty. Also, I tried to edit the title but had no luck. Bill C

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381