Mounting Kenwood mobile on dash?

billfires

May 24, 2010
USA, MA
Does anyone see a problem with mounting a Whelen Alpha siren on the dashboard shelf of a 2011 Ford F250? Thanks, Bill C

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Might also want to check your local laws regarding "Obstruction of View"

36TruckK

Jul 16, 2010
Dutchess County, NY
This is pretty common around me and I always cringe...as stated, the heat from the sun, or your defroster couls easily damage the internals...plus there is no way in hell i would put holes on top of my dash, or even worse, have a potential projectile from impacts/airbags that could hurt my children.

billfires

May 24, 2010
USA, MA
Sorry guys, I should have put more info in this post. This is our fire dept pickup and the siren/radio will be bolted through the dash. I never considered the possibility of heat related damage to the units. Thanks for the info, Bill C

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
billfires said:
Sorry guys, I should have put more info in this post. This is our fire dept pickup and the siren/radio will be bolted through the dash. I never considered the possibility of heat related damage to the units. Thanks for the info, Bill C
How about mounting one or the other in the din position where the AM/FM radio goes? Would both fit in there?

When I joined the squad here, I was surprised to see that the radio is bolted to the top of the dashboard. And the AM/FM never gets used. The manufacturer of our radio even offers a din mount.

May 22, 2010
New York City
since this is a new truck, maybe you should of spec. it with a different siren.........it would solve all your problems.........

and #2, you can change the title of your post.............

billfires

May 24, 2010
USA, MA
911, I didn't spec the truck or the equipment, with budgets being tight I was asked if I could do the installs while I am on duty. Also, I tried to edit the title but had no luck. Bill C

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frenchman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.