mounting mx7000?

azmyth

Sep 14, 2011
Georgia
I can't for the life of me figure out how to mount these, if you don't have a rain gutter. The manual doesn't really give good instructions on how to do so.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Get a pair of gutterless mounts appropriate for your application:

ai.ebayimg.com_t_2_Code_3_Excalibur_MX7000_LP6000_lightbar_mouf115b542756d8184a21d5dbedd81bcde.jpg

You'll need to pull the door gasket back on each side, and install each mounting bracket with 5 sheetmetal screws.

azmyth

Sep 14, 2011
Georgia
I have those brackets, but these are going on a hearse. I tried to use those but the black "tab" that is on the light bar doesn't line up for those brackets to sit down flat on the roof.. do i have to bend the tab?

Janda914

Jun 26, 2011
Hatfield PA
Hey, I have the same lightbar on my chevy 1500. I screwed the brackets into the gutter on the truck behind the door. Also I took the bolt to home depot and got a much longer one with a new nut. Getting the longer bolt gave me tons more room to play with. Hope this helps!

azmyth

Sep 14, 2011
Georgia
here they are..

ai55.tinypic.com_xnhzm0.jpg

and here's a close up of where the light is now.. only thing holding em on is the cable right now.. (hasn't been driven obviously)

azmyth

Sep 14, 2011
Georgia
Respondcode3 said:
Who you gonna call????

I was waiting for that lol.

Little project I started for my 3 year old, who loves it. Gonna cruise around on Halloween, and use it in parades and do some birthday parties and charity stuff with it.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Bolts through the roof will probably be your best option in the rear. On each mounting foot are those two rubber pads. Each rubber pad is held on with a nut, a washer, and a carriage bolt. If you can get them apart without breaking the bolts in half, you're a lucky man.

Take the old hardware out, and get some new hardware. Make sure everything is made of stainless steel. Get some longer carriage bolts, some flat washers, some lock nuts with the nylon inserts, and some fender washers. It may be obvious, but the fender washers go inside the car to keep rest of the the hardware from pulling through the roof.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
I agree with Shues, with a roof like that, you have no other options.

I suggest looking under the headliner before drilling any holes so you'd know what you're up against. You may need to move the bar to take advantage of the cross beam. Anywhere else, you might find the roof buckling under light pressure but if luck goes your way, the roof will be thicker than modern cars.

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
I'd think about moving the front bar back a little to where it lines up with the B pillar the roof should be a little better supported there. i'd also spin the rear bar around so the intersection sweeps face the back.

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
Some huge fender washers, or even some steel flat bar strips mounted on the inside of the roof will offer some structural strength I always add that on fire apparatus, most of the time I use pieces that are about 4-6 inches long I mount them so they run from the front to the back on the inside to add some strength

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.