MVA 02:00 07/20/2014

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
 Dispatched for an MVA with a car into a tree, reported to be split in half, with ejection. First arriving units confirmed that report. Actual cause of the accident is under investigation but speed is an obvious factor. Sadly the occupant died shortly after arriving at the hospital. If I can find the pictures I will try to post the one that shows the drivers seat smashed into the rear seat with the strut smashed into it. The tree literally did a fender and 2 door swing basically opening the side like a can opener. I have seen a lot of serious accidents in my 15 yr career in fore and ems but this one ranked up pretty high on the wow factor. 

Note: We did not do any cutting on this car.

photo 3 (3).JPG

View from the back

photo 2 (4).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wigwam700

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
And Texas keeps raising speed limits. 
 And PA does to. Rte 222 runs right thru our district and we see a decent amount of wrecks there. Speed limit is currently 65 but they are planning to raise it to 70 next year. The trooper that patrols it regularly says that he wont stop people unless they are going 15 over, and he is still very busy. 

Reactions: tsquale
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
WoW!!!  Hell of a scene!

And PA does to. Rte 222 runs right thru our district and we see a decent amount of wrecks there. Speed limit is currently 65 but they are planning to raise it to 70 next year. The trooper that patrols it regularly says that he wont stop people unless they are going 15 over, and he is still very busy. 
Yeah, and The 'Pike, 380 and 80 are getting spots raised to 70 on August 11th...  And I've heard from numerous police officers (locals and troopers) say that...  Anything less and its not even fiscally worth it to pull the guy over...  

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Look at some of my past threads where I bemoan Texas posting 85 MPH speeds.  Their method (reasoning?) for determining a particular speed limit is totally flawed.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
I have found in most states, the ones driving the posted speed limit or under are the elderly, cautious drivers and drunks.... :undecided:

The new age thinks Driving is their RITE, but its a privalige in every state..

Here if its 45 they (the public) do 50- 55.  Most depts give 5 mph over due to changes of tire size may throw off the speedo.  I have heard depending on the tire sizes they can be off as much as 10mph. So many traffic enforcement officers give 13-15 over as you just cant dispute that in court.. You can try, but good luck with that.. ;)

It saddens me to see this waste of human life, I guess the Grim Reaper was riding shot gun... :mellow:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.