MVA entrapment, serious injuries

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
I went on this MVA today at work...pictures will show the rest.

It came in as an MVA rollover with entrapment. Update from CSP was car vs. pole with serious injuries and entrapment. We arrived and found the car split in two. Just behind the B post on the passengers side is where the pole sliced through the vehicle. There were two patients so a second rig and med unit were called along with LifeStar Helicopter. We ended up removing the roof and passengers side door. The driver was walking around but was also transported due to mechanism of injury. I did hear an update from the hospital and they said the injuries were pretty serious. If the pole hit 6 inches closer to the front it would have been DOA. Lucky.

FYI: The speed limit on this road is 35mph.

MVA Morris.jpg

MVA Morris2.jpg

MVA Morris3.jpg

Amanda

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Wow, talk about luck. What kind of car was it? It looks like the rear is from a sport-ish car but the front end looks like a regular sedan... must've been cruising.

May 27, 2013
NY
On an unrelated note, your car looks great. Did you respond as Fire or PD (I only ask because above your avatar it says FF/EMT and PD)?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
No extrication needed lol they did that when they were traveling the speed of light.. They extricated themselfs

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.