MVA Vehicle -vs- Hardees.. And pics of our new Truck.

We had one similar to that about 3 years ago... Car vs. Dairy Queen. They hit the gas main, and building, then backed up and went inside and got breakfast!!! :eek:

Good looking rigs...

At least he was polite enough to back out of the building, and then park between the lines of his parking spot. How can you fault him for that. :lol:

Oh, nice looking truck. But, there is some funny looking color, it almost looks blue, in your emergency lights. And you forgot the Q on it.

Yeah.. and after SHE( go figure) was cleared to leave.. was a mere 3 inches away from backing into our rescue (840)

And yes.. the New truck does have RED/BLUE.. and it also has 200 watt siren with Howler. But it didnt get spec'd with a Q, and there isnt any room on the bumper for one.

Thanks .. and im going to try to get some videos of it pulliung up..

Last edited by a moderator:
Also.. another tidbit of info.. This same spot has been hit, not once not twice, but 4 times in the last 3 years.. 2 of those times were this year. Same exact section of building everytime.

What is behind that section of wall? Please tell me it is not a restroom, cause that would be some scary shit, get it, scary shit. HA HA HA

MATT3045 said:
What is behind that section of wall? Please tell me it is not a restroom, cause that would be some scary shit, get it, scary shit. HA HA HA

.......Crickets!

:lol:

Glad to see you got a Spartan Furion chassis.

Sorry to hear you got a Rosenbauer body.

My vollie FD has a Furion chassis and it's neat having that solid windshield, instead of that piece in the middle. They had an extended bumper w/jumpline spec'd, so we had room for a Q.

MATT3045 said:

i had one of those around here about a month ago. car into a building, Jehovah witness church, straight into the bathroom..

OP very nice rig.

i will try to get better piucs on the truck.. and the Rosenbaur body looks cheaply made IMHO, but it is a new truck, and we needed one!! Seats 5 ( norm 6, but we had the trauma bag rack put in the 6th spot) rear pump panel, tons of storage.. i will try to get the rest of the specs..

Hello

Nice truck!

Just curious. Why didn't two of the lightheads on the bar fire? (Third and tenth place on the bar) On many pics of the truck all lightheads are shown lit except for two of them.

Thanks.

FGS said:
Just curious. Why didn't two of the lightheads on the bar fire? (Third and tenth place on the bar) On many pics of the truck all lightheads are shown lit except for two of them.

My guess is that those are white lights, and are shut off when the spring brake is engaged. The NFPA allows white light to be flashing to the front when the apparatus is requesting the right-of-way, but calls for no white light to be flashing to the front when the apparatus is blocking the right-of-way.

localhero800 said:
Seats 5 ( norm 6, but we had the trauma bag rack put in the 6th spot)

Glad to see you guys spec'd that. A lot of places waste that area with the other seats, when they could store medical EQ, TIC, etc in that spot and make it easier for the FF to grab before dismounting the rig. Good choice on your dept's behalf.

My paid dept has a Spartan Advantage chassis and we're looking to remove the 5th & 6th seats (non-SCBA seats) to put a medical compartment there, making more room in one of the compartments for our RIT gear. Think we just gotta wait for money.

My vollie FD will probably never change the interior of the cab unfortuneately. Money is a LOT bigger issue with them (rig was purchased through a grant).

We store a Jump bag (BLS), and the Thermal Img. camera in that rack.. and our dept is vollie also, and is tight with money, but the ammount of money they were spending on out other pumper, it was economical to buy a new one.

Nice! We had some guy turn our post office lobby into a drive through like that last week!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381