MX7000 Issue

fireman5199

Mar 14, 2012
Virginia
We have a mx7000 with 4 halogen flashers on the lower level. They are all hooked to the same flasher to alternate 2 at a time.

When you hit the switch to activate the intersection lights all 4 flashers go steady. Turn off the intersection they start flashing again. They are not wired to do this. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
Do the intersection lights work without lighting the flashers?
open up your lids, and go through the harness. you may have 2 wires that have worn their jackets off and are bridging.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
As Doyle said, or you may have a ground problem. I've spend hours trying to track down a lighting problem only to find the bar didn't have a good ground or the lighthead wasn't grounded to the frame correctly.

Reactions: LightBars4Sale.com

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
If you are using the OEM Code 3 flasher there is a steady bypass option on it. I ran into a similar problem on another MX I was working on. If I recall correctly, the white wire from the harness was used (at least on mine) to activate the bypass. I disconnected the wire and capped it and problem was solved. I'm on the road until Sunday but can take some pictures for you when I get back if needed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.