MX7000 Lens Interchangable with the 2100

topflight

May 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
calebsheltonmed23 said:
Can the C3 2100 tops lens be put on top of the MX7000, or even any halogen bar? I was wanting to make a LED bar out of an MX7000 and make it low profile. I heard some "rumors" of it at work so was'nt for sure! Thanks guys!
Caleb

Yes, it will work with the MX7000 and the Excalibur.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Using 2100 tops on MX and Excalibur lower decks has been a popular conversion the last few years for changing rotator bars to homebrewed LED bars.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Ok guys, I've got some more questions if you wuld'nt helping me with those too please! I'm getting the Excalibur and putting the 2100 domes on it.

1. Where can I get the domes? C3 says to go through a dealer but are they going to be able to order it or will I just be able to get it C3?

2. How would you go about mounting the LEDs in there? I'm wanting the 4LED Pimp Pods and 6LED Pods for intersection coverage. I've never owned one so I'm not sure how they would fit or even if they would secure very well in the bar, but I've heard great stuff about them plus they fit my budget.

If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks,

Caleb

topflight

May 22, 2010
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
calebsheltonmed23 said:
Ok guys, I've got some more questions if you wuld'nt helping me with those too please! I'm getting the Excalibur and putting the 2100 domes on it.
1. Where can I get the domes? C3 says to go through a dealer but are they going to be able to order it or will I just be able to get it C3?

2. How would you go about mounting the LEDs in there? I'm wanting the 4LED Pimp Pods and 6LED Pods for intersection coverage. I've never owned one so I'm not sure how they would fit or even if they would secure very well in the bar, but I've heard great stuff about them plus they fit my budget.

If anybody could help me it would be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks,

Caleb

1: Sarah at Priority1 Emergency should have them, that's where I've heard other bored members on here have gotten them from.

2: I've seen bored members using 3M double sided adhesive tape, I believe that's the most popular.

I personally wouldn't mind doing this myself, it seems like a pretty cheap and easy project. I love my Pimp Pods and made a custom interior bar for my front windshild with 8 of the 3 LED pods and 2 of the 4 LED pods and made a rear TA with 8 of the 3 LED pods and love it, I hope you have fun with you project and please post pictures.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Thank you for all your help! I'm currently in medic school so it's gonna be slow but I will definantly keep you guys updated! I've heard of Sarah from Priority 1 but I never had an web address but I have figured it out! I will give her a call soon as I get everything situated. I really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Caleb

cory y

May 21, 2010
topflight said:
1: Sarah at Priority1 Emergency should have them, that's where I've heard other bored members on here have gotten them from.

2: I've seen bored members using 3M double sided adhesive tape, I believe that's the most popular.

I personally wouldn't mind doing this myself, it seems like a pretty cheap and easy project. I love my Pimp Pods and made a custom interior bar for my front windshild with 8 of the 3 LED pods and 2 of the 4 LED pods and made a rear TA with 8 of the 3 LED pods and love it, I hope you have fun with you project and please post pictures.

Bored members? sounds like a personal problem...

MX7000Guy

Jun 2, 2010
Middle of nowhere, VT
topflight said:
Sorry, up for over 24 hours and wasn't thinking right.

I have an MX7K with 2100 upper domes. Hybrid double stacked LED-X/Halogen/LEDGUY linear LEDs, it's pretty sweet. I made custom brackets out of some flat steel stock, and used double-stack LED-X brackets for the LED-X heads. You can get single LED-X brackets and modify them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.