MX7000 whistling

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Hey guys, I just installed a MX7000 on my truck, 2011 F-150 and when I get to anywhere from 65-80mph I get this high pitched whistle. I've googled it and see its a common problem. Anyone got a solution? Only one I saw was some polyethelyne strips Code 3 makes for the carraige bolt channels on the bottom of the frame. If I was to get those, would it require me to remove the bar to install?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
It whistles because it doesn't know the words. Oh-ho, the old ones are the best.

Alternately, you could tape up the channel. Duct tape would look good. Or caulk it.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
JazzDad said:
It whistles because it doesn't know the words. Oh-ho, the old ones are the best.

Alternately, you could tape up the channel. Duct tape would look good. Or caulk it.

Or get the steel duct tape the use on HVAC systems. I use it all the time to hide holes and for reflector repair. has a ton off uses just like the orginal "duck tape".

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
The factory plastic "straws" (my term for them) can be cut to length & shoved into the channels in the frame without removing the bar.

I've got a bunch of frames & these parts if you need them.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
ChargerLighting said:
The factory plastic "straws" (my term for them) can be cut to length & shoved into the channels in the frame without removing the bar.
I've got a bunch of frames & these parts if you need them.

Never knew that. i've only seen a few of them but I can't off hand remember on what.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.