MX7000

SpringBayFF-EMT15

Sep 1, 2010
U.S.A. Illinois , East Peoria
Hey guys and gals,

I have a 2006 F-150 with a 5.4L V* if this matters. Anyways i am going to put a 47" MX7000 on it, my question is if i put it on will it pull to much power for my alternator or anything like that. i dont wanna do any damage to my alternator because it is drawing to much power. Any Insight

No, you'll be fine, in all honesty you could probably put 3 of them on here and easily have power to run more!

Edit: The only car i've seen that couldn't handle a light bar was an old 64 (i think) Chevy Corvair 2 door, that thing had a hard time keeping up! :roll:

Keeps from over loading your switch panel for one.

I allway use relays exept for led applications, helps get more amps directly to the lights you are using.

Especially with something like the MX with four or five rotators going with the intersection sweeps.

I allways run two rotators per relay with the center hooked to the same relay as the intersection sweeps.

Here is vid of my old MX with the set up I listed above, you can see how fast the sweeps and rotators are.

removed

Lt, do you run a larger guage power wire from the batery to a fused distribution block and then individual power wires to the relays? Also do you run a large guage wire from the battery to the switches and then smaller wires from the switches to trip the relays?

I got a 97 Chevy 3500 5.8 with a loaded MX700, flashers, sweeps, TA, 2 rotators, & 3 fast rotators. Also TD & a ALs. It is ran by a 4 switch box wired directly to the battery with an 8ga wire. My Interstate battery & ACdelco alternator handle it like it was not even there.

danh said:
Lt, do you run a larger guage power wire from the batery to a fused distribution block and then individual power wires to the relays? Also do you run a large guage wire from the battery to the switches and then smaller wires from the switches to trip the relays?

Yep, its pretty simple once you get started. Run your main power line from the batt to the relay box. Its not going to draw a lot of amps from your switches so run what ever size wire you want from the switches to the relays. And for power to the switches, unless you plan on running something thats going to draw a lot of amps then no, you don't need a heavy wire.

I think it was John that posted a write up on the old board as to how to wire relays, it was really helpful.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381