My 2013 F-150 4x4 POV install "Station 3s Ride now with Feniex T3

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Firefighter POV set up complete:

After a few months of slowly buying lights and some wating my truck is finally completed. I use this as my daily driver and also for Responding to Fires and medical calls to my fire station which is a 18 mile response since it's a very rural area. I am also a deputy Constable and use it for work some times.

List of lighting as follows
Front
*Feniex Apollo R/B with flood option

*Whelen 600s R/B in grill "one has a mind of its own and changes patterns occasionally

*Whelen 400s R/B on the grill

*Feniex Cannons in fog lights R/W B/W

*Feniex cannons R/B in turn signals

*AWL White led hide aways in head lights

*Sho-Me R/B on front bumper sides

Headache rack
* Strobes & More E66 R/B directional with dual Amber directional mode.

*Federal Signal Impaxx LEDs R/B on the sides of headache rack for side warning.

Rear
*AWL R/B hide aways in reverse lamp area

*Sound Off Signal NLine R/B bar under tail gate.

And amazon brand spot lights 360 all the way around to light up the scene.

Siren is a SVP Signal remote siren LCS869 with Mechanical tone. And 100 watt sho me speaker.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Personally not diggin the strip light in the rear; the LAWs in rev light is getting washed out so it appears your lacking "pop" during the daytime. Why not swap the strip for Feniex T6s?

And Id slow down the cannons in the fog lights, bit of a blur:

Otherwise good clean install Garza

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Personally not diggin the strip light in the rear; the LAWs in rev light is getting washed out so it appears your lacking "pop" during the daytime. Why not swap the strip for Feniex T6s?

And Id slow down the cannons in the fog lights, bit of a blur:

Otherwise good clean install Garza

Don't like the T6s never really liked the way the look when off and when on.  I think it has plenty of pop with that crazy E66 bar on the rack its blinding and turns the pavement RED/BLUE at night  I only really wanted those hide aways and Nline strip light just to add a little extra but I know it has no competition to that directional bar which blows everything out of the water.

On the fog lights im still trying to find a good pattern with those cannons that I like... So far I don't like any pattern so I might just buy a different flasher and power them that way since there is nothing really good in the selection.  But I do agree with you they are too fast I usually have fast to the front and SLOW to the rear which is what I got now.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Without quoting your post but continuing the thought:

Fair enough on the T6, maye some vertical mount Whelen TIR3. I dont doubt the bars effectiveness, was only mentioning it so as to keep the same amount of punch throughout the vehicle.

Id look into the ERM programmable flasher. If you cant find or make a pattern you like, well....then you just plain loco hombre

wait......

Like I said, in no way knockin your job; I know your thick skinned enough to take the heat and have open ears when it comes to suggestions. Unlike that Tim fellow who just says that Haters gunna hate (I stand behind my statement, an Avalanche is NOT a truck.....damn tonka toys) :haha:

Reactions: Station 3

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks great. Finally a pickup truck that has grill lights fit for a truck (not tiny linz6s or TIR3s). That's also an interesting use for the SOS nline. The only 2 things I woulda done differently is use a HLF up front (with solid color cannons in the fogs as the only LAWs up front) &, even though you're in a rural area, go with a linear lighthead for improved side/intersection warning on the PB.

I couldn't see it clearly in the vid...is the small switch panel next to the switch box the E66 controller? Also, is the switch box just control the scene lighting?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Looks great. Finally a pickup truck that has grill lights fit for a truck (not tiny linz6s or TIR3s). That's also an interesting use for the SOS nline. The only 2 things I woulda done differently is use a HLF up front (with solid color cannons in the fogs as the only LAWs up front) &, even though you're in a rural area, go with a linear lighthead for improved side/intersection warning on the PB.

I couldn't see it clearly in the vid...is the small switch panel next to the switch box the E66 controller? Also, is the switch box just control the scene lighting?

The big switch box is a feniex helo used for the scene lighting only and the switch box next to that is for the E66 since it has also an AMBER override so I can use as a directional.

And I agree I HATE when people use tiny little twinkle twinkle lin3 or Tir 3s or feniex T6 for the grill lights it just looks weird. Shit I almost put some Whelen 900s OR another choice was those new Feniex blocks they offer which are the same size as the whelen 700s-600s-900s

I did not go with HLF because I wanted to keep the power draw to a minimum and also I had added plenty of white to the front with the Apollo and the LAWs so I did not think a HLF was needed. And if a winter Texan "Canadian" does not want to move out of the way I will flash the big spot light in the front so he can spill his maple syrup all over himself and move out of the way..... I hate winter Texans they are my biggest issue that and Mexicans that don't move for the cops or fire or ems.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Now this is my kind of build! Looks great! That one 600 would make me need a pair of M6s though. Lol.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Setup looks good but 18 mile response time damn!!!!! What kind of worklights are on the side of your truck

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Station 3, I also hate the winter Canadians down here in FL! Horrible drivers and call 911 for the most absurd stuff (so i guess they fit in with the other residents of the city I work for in that aspect). Is there any way to wire the E66 with the dual color functions (flashing to Amber TA) to your handheld siren if you had enough buttons on the controller for it? I'd honestly probably forget to turn it on for responses quite often if it wasn't wired to my main controller

Btw, how long does it normally take you to get to the station? 18 miles is quite a hike.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
That E66 turns on automatically when I flip the red blues. That control switch is to control the AMBER dual color option it has to direct traffic. It usually takes me around 8-10 minutes going around 80mph the speed limit is 75 I usually go 80-85 I have 2 feet long Magnetic decals that say FIRE DEPT I stick on the doors and rear tailgate area that I use to keep the border patrol away..... they think I look "shady" and always try to pull me over... no joke that decal and lights usually keeps them away.... or at least they just follow me from a distance all the way to the scene...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Setup looks good but 18 mile response time damn!!!!! What kind of worklights are on the side of your truck

The work lights are just generic Amazon brand lights you can get for like $40 a pair they are actually very bright but I took some extra steps to make sure they last. I took each and every light apart and flooded them with clear silicone as to prevent water from coming in..... When I did take them apart it was just metal on metal with no gasket at all so yes when you buy one of these cheap work lights from amazon please take them apart and add some sealant as to prevent water exposure.

Damn Mex!!! Gotta take it further away than 3 feet from your truck!!!

I am lazy and did not want to walk that much on my flip flop sandals im surprised nobody called the cops since I was just wearing a Tshirt and underwear when I took that video.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
On the fog lights im still trying to find a good pattern with those cannons that I like... So far I don't like any pattern so I might just buy a different flasher and power them that way since there is nothing really good in the selection.  But I do agree with you they are too fast I usually have fast to the front and SLOW to the rear which is what I got now.
Are your Cannons a newer set or the older two modes?  The newer ones you can not connect to a flasher.  I tried and it does not work.  I even talked to Feniex about this.  Personally I was disappointed they new ones cant go on an external flasher.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Only complaint I have is there is no JDI equipment.  That would have made it perfect.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Only complaint I have is there is no JDI equipment.  That would have made it perfect.

I did want to add this on the roof I hear its one of your newest developments and hear it clears traffic rather well but I was a little riskay and went with the Apollo instead hopefully I made a good choice.

Just set the red 600 to steady burn and run it. What brand headache rack is that?
Actually it is on steady burn for now the video camera adds the effect that its flashing but its not. I think the headach rach is a ranch hand brand just like the front bumper.

lamp.png

Reactions: Marc M and MEVS06

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Install looks awesome!  Like the 600's in the grille  . :thumbsup:    I wonder what the FPM to the front is...lol.

(sarcasm) Oh and who's the chucklehead(s) that voted 1 star???? 

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Should I add this mini edge or is it to much...... I kinda like it... but I'm a whacker sooo.. yea.

tmp_22984-20150817_144341-731572761.jpg

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
hmmmmm.....

personally I dunno........ be a shame to destroy it at 90...... :nono:

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
That would look good on the 150, but I'd mount it on your backrack. I saw a mini edge after if went UFO and that wasn't a pretty sight.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
as my ADD for lighting kicks in, needs a blue lens on the passenger side other then that, I wanna see this puppy in action with everything!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.