My American/ German Collection

Firefly Berlin

Apr 25, 2012
Germany / Berlin
Since we're moving to our new home in two- three weeks there's also a little bit of time for decoration. ;)

Here's a pic of the new head side of our bedroom.

I think it has become pretty cool.

(Maybe Skip even knows the truck, at least it's from Odessa.) :D

attachment-20.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Firefly Berlin said:
Since we're moving to our new home in two- three weeks there's also a little bit of time for decoration. ;)

Here's a pic of the new head side of our bedroom.

I think it has become pretty cool.

(Maybe Skip even knows the truck, at least it's from Odessa.) :D

That truck was Odessa's Engine 1 for a short time and then Engine 8 before it was traded off. I liked that truck, so I don't know why they didn't keept any longer than they did. If that's the engine I think I'm looking at, that is. It was an E-One. All of Odessa's trucks are now Pierces.

qball

Jan 10, 2011
South Carolina
Firefly,

You have a very nice collection of devices there!!

I am much like you I am sure; there are devices in the States that you can't easily and there are definitely things from the EU that I can't get easily. You tell me what you would like to have from the US and maybe I'll trade you your desired item for a set Martin 2297s. I really like the Martin horns and believe that they would be a great addition to my collection and/or my work truck. :)

Again, nice collection!!

Q

Firefly Berlin

Apr 25, 2012
Germany / Berlin
Captain4164 said:
In one of your posts above you have what looks like a platter set up, on the far right.
What are those and whats the platter look like, got two spots like Dietz's on both sides, one facing forward one facing back.

More details on that please

Jep, it's a platter light, comes out of the Los Angeles area.

Dietz 7-11 and forward steady red PAR46, rear flashing amber PAR46 in per-Lux housings.

I will post more pics by the end of the week.

And, thanks to a member on here I have a awesome new addition (at least for a european collector).

A Code 3 SD with the select alert feature in stunning condition.

Pics attached. ;)

20130722_162914-1.jpg

20130722_162814-1.jpg

20130722_163617-1.jpg

20130722_163602-1.jpg

20130722_162849.jpg

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Skip Goulet said:
That truck was Odessa's Engine 1 for a short time and then Engine 8 before it was traded off. I liked that truck, so I don't know why they didn't keept any longer than they did. If that's the engine I think I'm looking at, that is. It was an E-One. All of Odessa's trucks are now Pierces.

Something I missed when viewing this picture initially. That shot was taken at OFD's old central station that had been in operation since the 1920s. OFD just flat ran out of room in that place and built an all-new central station with new administrative offices just a few years ago. What I miss about the old central is that they had a couple of hallways that were lined with pictures of fire and rescue operations that date back to the '20s. I haven't been over to the new station in some time, so maybe they've got them up by now.

To take a look you can google Odessa Fire Dept new stations under "images".

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Firefly Berlin said:
Jep, it's a platter light, comes out of the Los Angeles area.
Dietz 7-11 and forward steady red PAR46, rear flashing amber PAR46 in per-Lux housings.

I will post more pics by the end of the week.

And, thanks to a member on here I have a awesome new addition (at least for a european collector).

A Code 3 SD with the select alert feature in stunning condition.

Pics attached. ;)

The platter setups were very common with both LA City and LA County fire depts. And there were a variety of them with a lot of different configuration. I guess that depended on what happened to be lying around the shop areas. A couple of the common setups were with either a Federal G5GB siren or a B&M Super Chief mounted in the center with a pair of the steadyburn PAR46 lights, and the flashing rear amber. If I remember correctly, there's a good picture of one on the B&M website: B&M Siren Mfg, home of Super-Chief and Siro-Drift Sirens.

I've gone back and looked at all your posts and I haven't spotted that platter anywhere. Getting blind in my old age, I guess. :yes:

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Wow your collection setup looks great!! I'm glad to see you have most of your lights now organized in the room that you've been working on. By the way...that's a very nice Code 3 SD bar. I use to have a few of those and one XL9000 with the Select Alert feature. They were nice bars and I miss them a lot but they took up lots of space...so they had to go.

Firefly Berlin

Apr 25, 2012
Germany / Berlin
I always thought I had it posted here... :confused: :eek:

Anyways, here are the facts and pics. ;)

Dietz 211 Beacon, California Spec.

- Date on the motor says 9/30/1968

- 4 PAR 36 lights in the rotator

- 1 red PAR 46*steady burn*light in PER- LUX 200 T housing

- 1 amber PAR 46*rear flasher* in PER- LUX 200 T housing

- the actual flasher sits below the rotator inside the beacons base pan

It's one of my absolute favorites of the collection.

But I'm still on the hunt for a platter light with a B&M Super Chief, so if anyone has a hint where to find one... ;)

attachment-19.jpeg

attachment-12.jpeg

attachment-24.jpeg

Reactions: JennyCop

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Firefly Berlin said:
I always thought I had it posted here... :confused: :eek:

Anyways, here are the facts and pics. ;)

Dietz 211 Beacon, California Spec.

- Date on the motor says 9/30/1968

- 4 PAR 36 lights in the rotator

- 1 red PAR 46*steady burn*light in PER- LUX 200 T housing

- 1 amber PAR 46*rear flasher* in PER- LUX 200 T housing

- the actual flasher sits below the rotator inside the beacons base pan

It's one of my absolute favorites of the collection.

But I'm still on the hunt for a platter light with a B&M Super Chief, so if anyone has a hint where to find one... ;)

Now that's an interesting looking set-up; not quite the platter I was expecting to see. Most of the platters used around L.A. were the "V" platters. They were wider and deeper and had room for a bit more equipment than this one. I would assume that with using this platter they had a siren located elsewhere. If you go to the B&M website that I listed above, you can see the V-Platters. If you contact B&M's owner, Kevin O'Connell, directly, I'd bet that he could help you in finding one with a Super Chief. I've also seen them with the C5G sirens as well.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Besides everything else that is so nice and tidy and original, I like the variations of the Short CA AeroDynic 22......

....and that MX7000.....

.....INSANE!! :thumbsup:

Very nice work, and very well put together. Everything is put in valor, despite the fact that you have a lot of stuff on the walls. Well done!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Firefly Berlin said:
Hey guys and gals,

I thought it would be time to show you some current pics of my showroom as there were quite a few additions over the last months ;)

I'd hate to see your electric bill if you had them all wired up! Have you had any luck on getting the Super Chief?

Firefly Berlin

Apr 25, 2012
Germany / Berlin
Time to show you some new bars and refurbs. ;)

First up: I rebuild my Code3 Excalibur.

I got a 2100 with damaged domes from Dallas County and found a pic of a Ford F150 with a Excalibur with a loaded lower Deck they used for comercial vehicle enforcement, so I thought I'd make one out of 2 bars. :D

4 slow outer rotators, 1 fast center and a fully loaded LEDX lower deck with 20 modules... :eek:

20140205_161727-1.jpg

20140205_161737-1.jpg

20140205_161814-1.jpg

20140205_161833-1.jpg

20140205_161905-1.jpg

20140205_161838-1.jpg

20140205_162026-1.jpg

20140205_162052.jpg

url.jpg

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Firefly Berlin said:
Next: german Hella RTK 6 bar.

6 Xenon Strobes

2 Takedowns

Rear amber LEDs

Telescoping beacon light for better visibility on scene/ earlier recognition on the Autobahn.

Custom front cutouts and paint.

Very nice. Are those Hella bars expensive? We'd like to see a video of that one all lit up.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That Excaliber is BEAUTIFUL! You did an excellent job on it. It sure combines the best of both worlds having a full LED bar and full halogen bar together! :hail:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Firefly Berlin said:
I have yet to shoot a video of the Hella bar. They are rather expensive, esp. compared to US lightbars... :rolleyes:
Almost empty and still double the price compared to a fully loaded Edge.

But a buddy of mine did upload a video of the rebuild Ecxalibur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IBQMRfllKY

(Not the best Vid, but you get the idea... ;) :D )

Now that's alot a light.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Skip Goulet said:
Of course it's a lot of light, Paul. It is from Texas, you know. While I like the new style LED bars, that Excalibur would put a lot of them to shame! :p

Sure will.

By the way clean your inbox out it's full.

tryed sending PM . :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.