My christmas haul....

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
Picked these 3 bars tonight.....

FS 52" Aerodynic Model 25 "Wrecker-Special" in red

(2) 48" Code 3 Intensity's strobe bars with red/blue filters

This is my before pic, I intend to restore all 3 bars over the winter. I know the "Intensity" isn't vintage......but its rare nowadays :)

IMG_0818.JPG

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
1986 Model 25RWL Aerotwin "wrecker" :)

4-strobe C3 Intensity XS5000's w/ flashers and takedowns

All 3 bars are in unknown working condition as of right now.

all the domes are dirty/faded......but no cracks. So far the only missing parts from the C3 bars are dome screws....1 flasher module.....and 1 red filter

The Aero needs new dome gaskets at the frame (both sides) and a good cleaning.

I'll update when I put power to them and see what happens.....

HoHoHo!

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

toolman247

Apr 29, 2011
USA NY
Nice Christmas presents there. The Model 25 has some age on it with the sealed beam rotators. I might have some parts form when my dad converted his to indenpentant rotators. I also have a set of N.I.B. amber lenses too. :thumbsup:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Nice snag.

I have to wait till after the holidays to mess with my recent acquisitions. Family has invaded the house.. no room!

The Aerotwin Wrecker is interesting considering I always see the newer versions. There is a CL seller that has an incomplete frame and no lenses asking a very high price for his version. I was trying to acertain what model he had, but this is definately it.

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
Nice snag.
I have to wait till after the holidays to mess with my recent acquisitions. Family has invaded the house.. no room!

The Aerotwin Wrecker is interesting considering I always see the newer versions. There is a CL seller that has an incomplete frame and no lenses asking a very high price for his version. I was trying to acertain what model he had, but this is definately it.

Mine says Model# 25RWL ......all sealed beams. Front flashers,rear worklights, and Grote STT lights. Built in 1986.

I put power to it last night. The motor runs and both rotators turn, both bulbs on one of the rotators don't light up, but its too soon to tell if they are burned out or not getting power (found several disconnected wires, so I gotta look deeper to determine whats going on there), and the alternating flasher was replaced with a DOT turn signal flasher lol. So i'll be switching that back over. Someone did a rough silicone job on one of the endcaps, but that's easy enough to re-do.

With the "Intensity's"......all 4 strobes on both bars light up, and the takedowns work as well. But couldn't get the flashers running yet. So far it looks like I can make one good bar out of the 2 intensity's.

Jun 18, 2013
PA

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
fully working 50" vintage aerodynic lightbar

I went through my history and found what I was referencing.

Looks slightly different from yours, but the asking price is way, way to high for an incomplete bar.

Looks like someone removed the cascade mirrors and for whatever reason, made a small mirror to fit around the drive motor. Odd and overpriced for what it is.

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
The lenses should clean up well. I washed the dirt of them and wet sanded the one dome with 1000g, 3000g, then buffed with plastix. Just a quick once-over made 100% improvement! I still need to clean the insides of the lenses a bit, but they should turn out fine.

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
I love the Code 3 Intensity's bars. NCSHP had a few many years ago. I hope to find one for a good price at some point to throw into the collection. Great find!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
wrecker44 said:
When it comes to Aerodynic Value....75% of it is in the lenses in my opinion.

I mostly agree, unless its an unique variant.

A red lense wrecker bar... police wrecker?

wrecker44

Jul 17, 2010
spokane,wa
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
I mostly agree, unless its an unique variant.

A red lense wrecker bar... police wrecker?

Washington State requires RED on wreckers who contract (RTTO) with law enforcement rotation towing.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
wrecker44 said:
The lenses should clean up well. I washed the dirt of them and wet sanded the one dome with 1000g, 3000g, then buffed with plastix. Just a quick once-over made 100% improvement! I still need to clean the insides of the lenses a bit, but they should turn out fine.

It is a lot of work, but the results are worth the effort and a whole lot less expensive than buying new lenses.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.