My first Twin

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Free is great, even better when you get a pair of freebies! The TwinSonic is a pretty durable design. Unless they have been abused and neglected or stripped for parts, odds are they will work and with some cleaning and polishing, they will likely look great.

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
Id be happy with one, two....welllll..... :) :drooling: :p :haha: :grouphug: :hail: :thumbsup: :razz: :woot: :crackup:
w00t%5B1%5D.gif
:rotfl: :woohoo: :2thumbs: :celebrate: :dance: :faint: :inlove: :jawdrop: :stars: :salivate: :hearts: Then:sleeping:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Captain4164 said:
Id be happy with one, two....welllll..... :) :drooling: :p :haha: :grouphug: :hail: :thumbsup: :razz: :woot: :crackup:
w00t%5B1%5D.gif
:rotfl: :woohoo: :2thumbs: :celebrate: :dance: :faint: :inlove: :jawdrop: :stars: :salivate: :hearts: Then:sleeping:

Can't remember the last time I saw this degree of emoticon abuse. :haha: :haha: :haha:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I won't have time to play with them for a few weeks. I don't even know if they are operational or not. I was told the one with a clear dome is in operating condition. Neither of them have a speaker but I don't care. I just need to figure out what I am going to do with them. I don't have room at my place so...

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Captain4164 said:
WElllllllllllll, if you dont have rooooooooommm........ I MIGHT be persuaded to take one off your hands. :D :yes: I mean, Id hate for you to worry yourself about where your gonna put one.

C'mon, Nick, you know you've already got too much to handle, anyway. :D

Captain4164

May 3, 2012
California
Skip Goulet said:
C'mon, Nick, you know you've already got too much to handle, anyway. :D

Yeah your probably right Skip. I dunno where Id work on it, I got two Jets in my 1952 trailer that I use as a workbench, the Dietz 211s on one work bench, and the Visibar on the other workbench. Oh and the two Areos across the wood gates on the trailer. My garage is a site to see! But, I think I could find room for maybe one Twin. I wanna do a Squad 51 bar

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
ex416 said:
Nick, there's always room for one more. that's part of the addiction.

Addicition, hell! With most of us, it's an obssession! I've been involved in collecting old sirens and lights (more sirens than lights) since high school. My first siren was a 6-volt B&M Siro-Drift. It ended up on a plywood board attached to a 6-volt car battery and it went to our football games. We actually had competition! Cooper H.S. in Abilene had an early Federal Director mounted in a special carrying case that resembled an old '40s-50s jukebox. The contraption had an early CP24 chrome speaker in the front. When their team had the ball, the siren stayed on wail constantly, and then went to yelp if they scored! Because of the "juice" draw, we couldn't do that with the big B&M, but we still gained enough attention. By my sr. year the B&M was replaced with a big CAM siren. And it could be heard all over that end of town. One night we had done well so I had really kept the old siren churning. Suddenly the trainer walked over and told me to give the g.d. thing a rest. So I did; and when we scored again just a few minutes later, I didn't let loose on the siren. The head coach came over and asked what was wrong, so I told him what the trainer had said. The coach then informed me that he ran things and that he wanted to hear that thing! 'Nuff said!

I thought I was bad, but I became acquainted with the gentleman I now consider my "adopted" father more than 40 years ago. He had succeeded my late cousin as fire chief in their small town. He's now 79 and has a huge siren collection. No lights....just sirens, and most of them are B&Ms. Gets in your blood, huh! :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.