My first...........

Oct 28, 2010
Kingston NY
Howdy group:

I finally have a Dietz Hill light!!!!!! I have had several Dietz lights over the years but never had a hill light. When I first saw one many years ago I did not like the way it looked but it has finally grown on me and now I have one thanks to Doug from the Great Lakes Fire Store. I want to eventually get another one. She is a beauty!!

DietzHillLight 001.jpg

DietzHillLight 002.jpg

DietzHillLight 003.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Damn!!!!! :drooling: :drooling:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Very nice, but it does need a Dietz dome, which are getting hard to find. :thumbsup:

Jun 18, 2013
PA
I'm not even a big beacon guy, and that's pretty cool.

Good luck finding a dome, I've been looking as well and no joy so far.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
PinballCharlie said:
Howdy group:

I finally have a Dietz Hill light!!!!!! I have had several Dietz lights over the years but never had a hill light. When I first saw one many years ago I did not like the way it looked but it has finally grown on me and now I have one thanks to Doug from the Great Lakes Fire Store. I want to eventually get another one. She is a beauty!!

Nice find, Charlie. I'm sure you'll love this one. My first encounter with a Dietz 211WW like that was on a '61 Pontiac ambulance a friend of mine in Lubbock had bought from the private ambulance co. in Clovis, NM. The ambulance had two twin-lamp Dietz beacons mounted to special bases on the front corners of the car with a Q in the middle. Behind the Q was the hill light, just like yours. Now to all of this the guy added twin blue Dietz lollipops between the Q and the front red beacons and a pair of red/blue Fireballs over the rear door. And to add to the sound power he mounted a Federal 77GB doubletone siren to the right fender and an SA24 speaker to the left, powered by a PA15 Director. Fortunately the car had twin batteries and a high output alternator. When the guy gave up his ambulance business he stripped the car. I got the doubletone and the hill light. The hill light saw service on three or four ambulances of mine over the years, but the original clear dome was badly damaged when it was mounted on my '65 Olds VistaCruiser station wagon ambulance. I could only find a blue dome, so for the remainder of its life it had a blue dome and all clear bulbs. It last saw duty on a 1970 high top Suburban ambulance which was stolen in 1989, so that's the last I ever saw of the light....or the truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.