My Haul from the salvage yard

toolman247

Apr 29, 2011
USA NY
Went to a local salvage yard and these followed me home

Whelen AdvantEdge Ambo bar clear with red outer filters, clear center high speed rotator

Signal Stat 331

Unitrol 131 flasher

Not shown is the Motorola UHF 16ch. MaraTrac.

Bottom shows before the cleaning. Top is after freeing up the hadrware. Only broke one screw due to the corrosion. The end caps are broken as well as the center lens. The left side I cleaned with 3M plastic cleaner and fine cut rubbing compound.

There is more I am going to try to save before the crusher gets to them.

2013-09-28 18.25.06.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Correct, Signal Stat sold many rebadged Federal Signal items, among them was the model 14SB (Signal Stat 330), the model 100 (Signal Stat 331), Highlighter (Signal Stat 332 and 365 magnetic mount), Firebeam (Signal Stat 360) and the StreetHawk (Signal Stat 9682 47inch and 9683 52inch).

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Awesome score on the Whelen Advantedge Ambulance lightbar especially in clear! :thumbsup: I had one in blue and it was one of my favorite bars in my collection, I have since sold it. I miss mine, but I am glad it's in a good home where it's appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

toolman247

Apr 29, 2011
USA NY
kitn1mcc said:
nice advantage

the radio is not worth mutch non narrow band

I grabbed the radio to save it from the crusher too. It is a 100w UHF that I will hold on to. Myself and a few friends are "smoked" HAMS and that could be their next repeater.

Stay tuned as there may be more following me home at sometime. ;)

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
toolman247 said:
I grabbed the radio to save it from the crusher too. It is a 100w UHF that I will hold on to. Myself and a few friends are "smoked" HAMS and that could be their next repeater.

Stay tuned as there may be more following me home at sometime. ;)

"smoked?"

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
NICE score................ & "value" is a relative term!!!

:cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.