my lights are possessed HELP!!

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Hi everyone. So I have a question to everybody out there because I am completely stumped for answers at this point. I have a 911EP TDWL 36 all red in the front window of my truck. I just installed a sho-me wharble/whoop siren in my vehicle tonight with the activation wire going to one of the light slots on my carson 10-22 volunteer siren. The only way they are tied together is through ground on the truck(both grounds are in completely different places). When I turn on the siren with all lights off, the left side of my 911EP stick flickers. When I turn my lights on via switchbox and then turn the siren on, there is no flickering and the lightstick performs normal. Dont really know what is going on, wondering if someone could give me some insight to my situation.

Thanks

Frfighter15

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
Try to rotate your power wires around, it could be a bad switch sending a weak voltage to your leds. If that does not work then my only other thought is stray voltage. The LT1 & LT2 ports are close together, separate your power wires and re insulate them. Also make sure you stripped just enough wire to make the connection on the 10-22.

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
fire1 said:
Try to rotate your power wires around, it could be a bad switch sending a weak voltage to your leds. If that does not work then my only other thought is stray voltage. The LT1 & LT2 ports are close together, separate your power wires and re insulate them. Also make sure you stripped just enough wire to make the connection on the 10-22.

Ok. Thanks. I tried rotating the power wires around and it does the same thing. Also made sure that there was no wires extending outside of the connector on the 10-22. Talked to one of my friends that does his own light installs and thought possibly to put a resistor on the power wire coming off the lightstick. not sure what size i should get but maybe that would solve the backfeed issue.

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
frfighter15 said:
Ok. Thanks. I tried rotating the power wires around and it does the same thing. Also made sure that there was no wires extending outside of the connector on the 10-22. Talked to one of my friends that does his own light installs and thought possibly to put a resistor on the power wire coming off the lightstick. not sure what size i should get but maybe that would solve the backfeed issue.

How do you have the lightstick wired? Are the power wires connected to positive and ground like suggested with the activation wires to the switch, or is the power wire connected to the switch along with the activation wire?

Tony

frfighter15

May 24, 2010
Waukesha, WI
ERM said:
How do you have the lightstick wired? Are the power wires connected to positive and ground like suggested with the activation wires to the switch, or is the power wire connected to the switch along with the activation wire?

Tony

Power wire is connected to circuit breaker and activation wire is connected to switch

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
frfighter15 said:
Power wire is connected to circuit breaker and activation wire is connected to switch

Try removing the trigger wire from the switch and turn on your siren again. If the light flickers without the wire attached, the problem is somewhere else. Also, what siren do you have (model number)? I don't see an activation wire for the 30.2330 (if that's it). Btw, is the 10-22 output activation relay or solid-state controlled (any clicking noise when the lights are activated)?

Tony

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.