Motorola MCS 2000 Model 2 110 Watt

Front view:

Pictures:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee pictures by flatbush185 - Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
That is a great list of equipment, but I think you would have been fine with half of the equipment up front.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
You wasted the off axis warning of the m6's behind the grill and by mounted them vertically. You would have been better off with tir style lights...imo

You could have done 8 red/2 white Feniex t-4's behind the grill/flash all red then 2 white...for the same price, if not cheaper than what you spent...just sayin...

Rear...no splits and could have synched all red laws with red lp light/all blue laws with blue lp light for a larger warning footprint...you arfe creating a pink effect with current flash patterns...

Don't take this the wrong way. I am just trying to have you get a more effective warning package for the money you spent...

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
yakomo said:
4x Whelen Dual Avenger R/C – Head liner
Whelen Slimlighter R/C – Dash

5x Whelen M6 4 Red 1 white in upper grill

2x Whelen M4 split R/C in next to bottom grill

ShoMe HLF in High Beams & Fog lights

Whelen Linz6 split R/C on 1075 LP bracket

SoundOff Intersectors Red

Tomar 200s R/C side windows

Whelen Dominator 8 Plus Red/Blue back window

Whelen Linz6 split R/B on rear LP bracket

Whelen Vertex Blue in reverse lights

Whelen Vertex Red in rear turn signal

Grover Air Horn with foot activated switch

Federal Siganl Smart Siren SB

Carson SA441M

Whelen HHS2200

1 ShoMe Bell Speaker

4x Federal Signal Dynamax MS100

Why 5 speakers?

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Keep an eye on your temp. gauge.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Not bad at all. I think the M6s were kinda a waste. I would have used a TIR style lights. And why so many speakers? I know on my last Explorer I had 4 speakers but I had dual sirens and you have three. Dual tone then air horn or PA? Just curious. And for the rear I would have not alternated the D8, just half red and blue or at least 2 of each side by side. The LP lights could go either way split wise. Overall a nice install. Id give it an 8/10. Nice vehicle choice, too.

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
think it would help if you got the avengers to sync, same pattern same switch. I don't know if that's what you did, but them flashing separately with the grill that crowded makes front really busy.

yakomo

Jun 8, 2010
NY
I have 2 speakers on the Smart Siren, 2 on the carson Sa441m, and 1 on the HHS2200

My friend has the grill set up with TIR6's does not even look half as good. I will try to get a video of his set up. He went with all TIR light heads in his install.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Looks good, definitely will move traffic. Some suggestions:

-lose the split M6s down low- they aren't effective there

-change the pattern on the Dominator and Avengers to something slower

-take 3 of the grill lights out- that space is there for a purpose and that purpose is not to mount lights

Having 3 sirens and a Grover REQUIRES you to make a response video. :popcorn:

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Nice install. I agree the M6 are much brighter and more effective then the TIR6. It seems that the whole NY area is getting Jeep Cherokee's. I just sold a Tomar Scorpion yesterday to go on a 2012 Jeep. This costumer is putting 6 Linz6 in the grill.

Lightbarnut

Jun 9, 2010
Palatka, Florida.
You've already done a bunch, but you need to do a few more: Federal EQ2B needs to be installed so you could run 4 siren tones at once: Wail, Yelp, Piercer AND Q siren. This would require you to add 2 more speakers.

A Powercall is also a must have, also requiring more speakers. A pushbumper would accomodate those well. Then you would have 5 simultaneous tones.

At this point you will have succeeded in being louder than a whole station full of emergency vehicles since you will be pushing 800 watts from one vehicle. You will own the road.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Lightbarnut said:
You've already done a bunch, but you need to do a few more: Federal EQ2B needs to be installed so you could run 4 siren tones at once: Wail, Yelp, Piercer AND Q siren. This would require you to add 2 more speakers.

A Powercall is also a must have, also requiring more speakers. A pushbumper would accomodate those well. Then you would have 5 simultaneous tones.

At this point you will have succeeded in being louder than a whole station full of emergency vehicles since you will be pushing 800 watts from one vehicle. You will own the road.

Aaaand do not forget a Rumbler.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
a little bit of what everyone else said, plus i like the SOS intersector install, looks great on that vehicle,

post a night video (if your camera can handle it)

yakomo

Jun 8, 2010
NY
Klein said:
Aaaand do not forget a Rumbler.

I can put on wail yelp powercall and mechanical all at once. my installer was too lazy to sync the linz6 with the vertex's. I wanted to put a rumbler in but my installer said it wont fit with the grover, he said maybe in the rear he can fit it in.

I dont have any responses yet from this car ill try and post one from my previous car.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
yakomo said:
I can put on wail yelp powercall and mechanical all at once. my installer was too lazy to sync the linz6 with the vertex's. I wanted to put a rumbler in but my installer said it wont fit with the grover, he said maybe in the rear he can fit it in.

I dont have any responses yet from this car ill try and post one from my previous car.

Ah. Cool. It may be a tad overkill but at least it looks good, if that makes sense. Be safe!

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
philyumpshus said:
Looks good, definitely will move traffic. Some suggestions:

-lose the split M6s down low- they aren't effective there

-change the pattern on the Dominator and Avengers to something slower

-take 3 of the grill lights out- that space is there for a purpose and that purpose is not to mount lights

Having 3 sirens and a Grover REQUIRES you to make a response video. :popcorn:

+1 on all that, BUT it could be worse.

I would put at least the split M6s on the sides somewhere, somehow to supplement the Intersector lights. Looks good though. Got a lotta light and lotta sound for a slicktop install.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
i can sell you a rumbler lol lol seriously if you want one pm

also i LOVE the lights

in nyc you can never have enof lights and noise coming from your car ever

looks amazing

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
ISU_Cyclone said:
Less is more sometimes

less is more outside nyc

trying going L&S in nyc at 4-5 in the afternoon

try church and ocean

any thing of hyland

or main st flatbush ave

fordharm

i can name many more

my partner did lane to lane on a HUGE intersections at 5:30pm a few years back and we got nailed by the dumbass that turned in to us (driver made a left) he was trying to make the light so he was going fasted

ppl see lights before they hear them so blind them and make them deaf if you can afford to

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
frumemtb said:
less is more outside nyc

trying going L&S in nyc at 4-5 in the afternoon

try church and ocean

any thing of hyland

or main st flatbush ave

fordharm

i can name many more

my partner did lane to lane on a HUGE intersections at 5:30pm a few years back and we got nailed by the dumbass that turned in to us (driver made a left) he was trying to make the light so he was going fasted

ppl see lights before they hear them so blind them and make them deaf if you can afford to

You can talk about NYC until you are blue in the face, but you will never convince me that 4 Dual Avengers, 1 Slimlighter, 5 M6's, 2 M4's, and 3 Sirens w/ Airhorns just to the front is any better than half of that stuff with 1 siren. Sorry I'm not sorry.

If you are getting hit by people, then drive better.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
ISU_Cyclone said:
You can talk about NYC until you are blue in the face, but you will never convince me that 4 Dual Avengers, 1 Slimlighter, 5 M6's, 2 M4's, and 3 Sirens w/ Airhorns just to the front is any better than half of that stuff with 1 siren. Sorry I'm not sorry.

fellow NY-er can chime in

honestly i see so many close calls cuz of DUMB drivers they guys i dont see getting it to accidents are the ones that are blinding and deafening

dont knock it till you try it

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
frumemtb said:
fellow NY-er can chime in

honestly i see so many close calls cuz of DUMB drivers they guys i dont see getting it to accidents are the ones that are blinding and deafening

dont knock it till you try it

Lights above and beyond what is necessary won't turn "dumb drivers" into "smart drivers"

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
If there was a lightbar I would agree. On a unmarked slicktop u can't have to many lights. Stay safe and enjoy your new ride.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
come to nyc i will set you up with a pov with the bare bones lights just how you like it and u will run a call here at 5 in the afternoon

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
ISU_Cyclone said:

I agree~~! Just because you have lights, doesn't give you ownership of the road....due care is always the responsibilty of the person running code, not the other drivers...

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
saw the truck in person today, slick slick install!! looks better in person than the video. i know 4 dual avengers sound crazy but the way its mounted, flush to the headliner, it looks like a custom interior lightbar with minimal flashback. so i would say interior lightbar and not overload

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.