My new car 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo X

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i like the install, but having 7 M series in the grill and 3 sirens is overkill, IMHO. Without changing the list of equipment installed, i would at least change the flash patterns on the grill lights so that the 2 red modules on the left side of the grill alternate with the 2 modules on the right side of the grill

Drewstang

May 25, 2010
Louisville, KY
Lightbarnut said:
You've already done a bunch, but you need to do a few more: Federal EQ2B needs to be installed so you could run 4 siren tones at once: Wail, Yelp, Piercer AND Q siren. This would require you to add 2 more speakers.

A Powercall is also a must have, also requiring more speakers. A pushbumper would accomodate those well. Then you would have 5 simultaneous tones.

At this point you will have succeeded in being louder than a whole station full of emergency vehicles since you will be pushing 800 watts from one vehicle. You will own the road.

I almost spit Coke on my keyboard when reading this.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
The grille seems like a bit much, do you have any airflow to your engine. I think a couple of bright whelen m7's or 4 LINZ6's would be plenty. I don't have the NYC experience but like someone else said, several lights don't make other drivers smarter. I like the back though. HAWs look awesome with the license plate lights.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Have any pictures or can you get some of the grille install? I am trying to figure out how to install lights in the grille. Doesnt look like a lot of options. I should be picking up a '12 JGC this week/weekend.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
pov's who work in ems can run l&s in NY? Thought they were restricted to green courtesy lights...?

Ipuvaepe

Jun 25, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
That rear dominator is a huge split fail, it's starting to look purple 5 feet away. Too many colors per square foot. I do like the rear vertex and plate lights though.

Also this.

unlisted said:
pov's who work in ems can run l&s in NY? Thought they were restricted to green courtesy lights...?

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
unlisted said:

Requires agency approval plus Dept of Health inspection and must carry required equipment per Dept. of Health regs.

Also has to be staffed by appropriate level of training - EMT-B for BLS or AEMT-CC or Paramedic (depending on local system) for an ALS fly car.

Emergency Medical Services 800.26 for details

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
How are your grille lights and speakers mounted? Obviously a lot of space but not a lot of attachment points that I can see. I will have one speaker maybe two at most and 4 small grille lights (Fed Sig Impaxx). Thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.