My New Federal Signal EMS Escape Lightbar

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello Fellow Collectors!

This time I have a lightbar I've been missing in my collection for a long time. This is a 76 Inch EMS Escape lightbar. These are hard to find, as they get mounted and never removed from the vehicle. This one is new in the box and features: four high speed rotators, three flashing lights and two scene lights.

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_EMS.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned........

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
That looks sweet... FS's version of the fluch mount edge, I like it... There was one for sale on the board a while ago, but it was no where near that nice...

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Very nice!

Did FS make a full Escape lightbar? (...stupid question?) I'm pretty sure the police here in Austria have Escapes with a Sentry-like spotlight on the top of the bar.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
philyumpshus said:
Very nice!

Did FS make a full Escape lightbar? (...stupid question?) I'm pretty sure the police here in Austria have Escapes with a Sentry-like spotlight on the top of the bar.

That would be a Federal Signal VAMA P8000 with a VisiBeam on top. The Escape is only available as a surface-mount lightbar for an ambulance, or in a mini lightbar without any warning to either the front or rear, depending on how it's mounted on the vehicle.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
nerdly_dood said:
That would be a Federal Signal VAMA P8000 with a VisiBeam on top. The Escape is only available as a surface-mount lightbar for an ambulance, or in a mini lightbar without any warning to either the front or rear, depending on how it's mounted on the vehicle.

Lots of tow trucks here have full escapes on them, they use jetstream guts in them.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
nerdly_dood said:

In the USA there are two types of Escape's. one half lightbar for EMS and one full size lightbar for Tow/Recovery. In Europe the Escape in just a half lightbar. The full lightbar is know as the P7000/P8000/P9000 series lightbars.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Richard P said:
Lots of tow trucks here have full escapes on them, they use jetstream guts in them.

The only parts the Escape and Jet series share are the takedown and flashing light reflector assemblies, everything else is unique to the escape.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Actually there is a mini Excape as well, and it can be fully populated. It uses 6x4 quadraflares as the light primary light heads, and you can fit 8 in the mini bar. For a fully populated, permanent mount version, the list price is $1655. So about $800 - $900 street price.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
ERIC6913 said:
In the USA there are two types of Escape's. one half lightbar for EMS and one full size lightbar for Tow/Recovery. In Europe the Escape in just a half lightbar. The full lightbar is know as the P7000/P8000/P9000 series lightbars.

I have seen one tow truck with a P8000 around here, but that's the only one, the rest all have Jetstreams or other normal American lightbars.

I'm not familiar with them, I'm guessing the P7000 is rotators and the P9000 is LEDs?

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Here's another one in the US.

ai169.photobucket.com_albums_u211_SCmedic28666_vehicles_policevama.jpg

I can't remember the name of where this is. I do remember it was a VA hospital in MD.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Newberry13 said:
Here's another one in the US.
ai169.photobucket.com_albums_u211_SCmedic28666_vehicles_policevama.jpg

I can't remember the name of where this is. I do remember it was a VA hospital in MD.

Holy crap! :eek: I recognize that taxi, you see them a lot around here... Probably Bethesda.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
nerdly_dood said:
Holy crap! :eek: I recognize that taxi, you see them a lot around here... Probably Bethesda.

National Naval Medical Center Bethesda MD

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
JohnMarcson said:
National Naval Medical Center Bethesda MD
That's it! I knew it was a hospital. You're the man John!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Newberry13 said:
That's it! I knew it was a hospital. You're the man John!

I stuck the phone number on the car in google..... google is da machine!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.