My New Federal Signal/Target Tech custom filtered Turboflash 2000

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Hello fellow collectors,

This time i have a brand new mini-lightbar from Federal Signal's amber division, Target Tech. I have always wanted to do a clear version of this series, but never saw any of the filters for it. So i special ordered the only color still available from federal, red. They use these filters in their wrecker version for S/T/T lights. Other colors were available many years ago when federal took over the line, but not anymore. Let me know what you think!

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_Turboflash99.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_Turboflash9999.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_Turboflash999.jpg

as always, stay tuned for something steady red next................

Reactions: Firemanhw

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Wow!! so they are still the same! Ive also been looking for filters, but in yellow (not amber) looks amazing! how do they attach? I have a clear turbo flash on my blue half ton just like that, but flush base.

I make imtation yellow filters with gel filters and chrome foil tape to imitate the holder.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I like! You don't see a lot of target tech stuff. I'd love to find a bar with their multifunction rotators in it.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
JohnMarcson said:
I like! You don't see a lot of target tech stuff. I'd love to find a bar with their multifunction rotators in it.

I knew it! I saw a few target techs turbo beams with cicuit boards around the rotators and always wondered what that was. I saw a wrecker bar with 2 of them in the center.

and Eric, how much were those filters? where do you keep getting the lenses? Id like to make my collection of them look Like that. I got about a half a dozen or so of the 8 strobe bars and a 47" 10 strobe. any idea of what the amp draw is on the 8 strobe? I never could find ANY literature on any of the old target tech bars (before federal bought TT, the square refecltor era)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
JohnMarcson said:

I think i have a strobe/mulit-function rotator lightbar. gotta check my storage. stay tuned......

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here's an options list

targewttec.jpg

SurfCityCar2

May 20, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Thats an awesome bar. DOT here in NC used to have a butt load of those things with the outer and side strobes in amber and the centers in white. I would love to have bark that looks like that...

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
JohnMarcson said:

i found a bar in my storage that has multi-fuction rotators. look for it in one of my future restorations. here is a pic of the rotator:

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_mfrotator.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ERIC6913 said:
i found a bar in my storage that has multi-fuction rotators. look for it in one of my future restorations. here is a pic of the rotator:

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww341_eric6913_mfrotator.jpg

Sweet!

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Theres a guy who has a few 4 strobe 2 rotator i think multi function rotator bars in 40" lengths for sale on his site, but wont ship to canada. Id love to have one!

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Richard P said:
Theres a guy who has a few 4 strobe 2 rotator i think multi function rotator bars in 40" lengths for sale on his site, but wont ship to canada. Id love to have one!

Where?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.