My New Job...

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
So in a couple weeks here I start a new job, and I am pretty damn excited about it...

Somehow, someway... I got a job at HME/Ahrens Fox, and better yet, I am wiring the truck boxes and installing the lights! How cool is that! When I found out HME is in my neck of the woods, I thought "How cool would it be to build fire trucks!" And never thought once that I would be the guy putting the lights on! BEST PART OF THE FIRE TRUCK!!!

I'll be making more money than I am now, and doing something I love to do... What more could I ask for? And I owe a BIG part of this to elightbars and y'all who come here with advice, tips, knowledge, everything! I wish I could find a way to thank everyone here (Except JazzDad) for everything, in my few years here I have gained so much knowledge from y'all! This is truly a great place to spend my free time, helping where I can and learning the rest of the time.. And now I get to put it all to good use in a career, I just can't explain how stoked I am for this!

Thank you to everyone here (again, sans JazzDad) for all of your time and knowledge! A big step forward in my life, a pay increase, and a job doing what I enjoy doing! WOO!!!!!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Congratulations. Good luck in this chapter of your life!!

,and lmao on the props to Jazz.  Hahahaha 

Reactions: kitn1mcc

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
... (Except JazzDad) ... (again, sans JazzDad) ...

Are you still sore about JDI not hiring you?

get over.jpg

Actually, Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kitn1mcc

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Congrats, man!  And Boulder is 100% right.....

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Good for you! I like when stuff like this happens. It's really cool to get to do something you really like and it's doubly great when you get a pay raise to boot! :)

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
Remember to attach the sync wires!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I cant promise sync OR patterns OR pictures, I don't know what their policy is on camera/phones yet. If I can have my phone on the floor I may get a pic or two.. But I'm not going to piss them off right away, I usually wait a week or two before I do that B)

Reactions: StEaLtH2

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Are you going to have an aneurysm due to all the split fail and non-synch you have to install?  

Seriously, congrats!

Reactions: StEaLtH2

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Are you going to have an aneurysm due to all the split fail and non-synch you have to install?  

Seriously, congrats!

That may very well be the case, I'd hate to have to quit after a week because they wont let me setup the lights the proper way LOL! Thanks!

We don't care what it can pump. We want the light setup.

I'm sure I can get specs for the whole truck that goes with whatever box Im working on. Right now its a big run of trucks for CALFIRE as they are primary contractor right now and all those look to be Whelen and FRC. I've seen ALOT of PowerArc from HME but not for CALFIRE depts.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.