My new Whelen Advantedge

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
4 rotators, 6 strobes, two lower steady burns. New Lens will be ordered today. If i could get colored filters, I would do all clear lens. Will be set as follows passenger to driver side.

Front: B/C/B center strobes R/C/R

Rear B/A/B Black R/A/R

New photos once it's cleaned and new lens in place. Not sure if i am keeping this or not yet

IMG_2883.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I have colored rotator filters, pm me. Nice bar. Love thatcenter piercer.

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
I had the same bar back in the early 90's. it was a model 4400-4SI with a Piercer in the center but no outboard lights. Mine was configured with clear domes with red rotator filters, red front facing strobes and amber rear facing strobe on driver's side and red rear facing strobe on passenger side. It looked great on my 1995 Red Chevy Blazer. I got a lot of compliments! Nice find and good luck!

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
New photos with old domes. Still deciding colored or clear domes when i order the new ones

Setup will be as follows once new domes are in. Unitrol to control bar when it is displayed.

Slide position 1 Rear strobes amber/amber

Slide position 2 above and steady burn red & blue

Slide position 3 Above and 4 rotators two fwd facing strobes above steady burns and piercer

videos of front:

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
I like its light show, great mix of strobes, rotators, and steady burn! :thumbsup: I'd do the clear!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I think it looks great as-is, but agree clear lenses with colored filters would take it to a whole new level of awesome!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.