JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I love the colour of the plug!

Reactions: kitn1mcc

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Haha..yeah even the name " Penna LIFE Saver" is fitting. Makes me wonder what life crisis it saved people from. :p

so.....where do I get one?? Lol I'm just joking! ;)

ok naughtiness aside, I am sure you had a blast with that on your fender. How did you power it? I don't remember my bike having a cigarette lighter socket. I agree with Jazzdad the plug is so neat that it matches like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kitn1mcc
Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
as long as it doesnt go buzzzz were all set.....

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
as long as it doesnt go buzzzz were all set.....

I think the Doctors called it "Female Hysteria" & no need for a buzz.. It came with a mechanical flasher..... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Uniquely shaped & ribbed for their lighting pleasure ............... :undecided:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Haha..yeah even the name " Penna LIFE Saver" is fitting. Makes me wonder what life crisis it saved people from. :p

so...where do I get one?? Lol I'm just joking! ;)

ok naughtiness aside, I am sure you had a blast with that on your fender. How did you power it? I don't remember my bike having a cigarette lighter socket. I agree with Jazzdad the plug is so neat that it matches like that.
A&E :D

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Welcome to the first vintage thread that involves the gutter, folks :tiphat:  ! LOL.

David

May 21, 2010
Tennessee
My first light, also at about age 10, was the yellow plastic helmet sold at Radio Shack with a revolving red light.  They were powered by 2 C-batteries and made a whirring noise.  The light was bright enough indoors, but hard to see in broad daylight when goofing around on my bike.  I got one on e-bay a few years ago, but the chin strap barely fits on my adult sized head.  I'll never understand why Radio Shack stopped selling them.

Reactions: jdh

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
My first light, also at about age 10, was the yellow plastic helmet sold at Radio Shack with a revolving red light.  They were powered by 2 C-batteries and made a whirring noise.  The light was bright enough indoors, but hard to see in broad daylight when goofing around on my bike.  I got one on e-bay a few years ago, but the chin strap barely fits on my adult sized head.  I'll never understand why Radio Shack stopped selling them.
YUP! That's exactly how it started w/ me! Actually, it started before that but that was my first taste...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Bicycle helmet regulations may be the reason Radio Shack dropped them.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I am gonna be honest and say that VERY very naughty thoughts come to my mind when seeing this blinky. ;) Bad me! :p

Very neat light Dan, I'm sure it brought you back some good memories.
Jenny I just learned something about you that I'm not sure I really want to know. :-x   :jawdrop:

Thanks for the visual.   :D

Reactions: JennyCop

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Reactions: massfirefighter

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
awww.threadbombing.com_data_media_4_mother_of_god.jpg

This thread is not in the gutter anymore.....it's in the depths of the sewage treatment plant...... :blink:

:bonk:

Reactions: Tristar

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
To get back to the real topic here, those lights came out in the late '50s. The Firestone store in Midland sold a lot of accessories back then. Those lights sold for less than $5.   Seems like my dad or granddad bought me one back then.  Just plugged in and flashed.    I don't think anyone would've used one on a car in motion....not even some of the crazy vollies I knew back then. :crazy:

And Jen,we're going to have to wash your computer out with soap and verrrrry hot water! :-x

Reactions: JennyCop

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Pretty sure those things are shipped in plain boxes, no labels accept for the addressee.  Very incospicuous. :haha: :haha:

Reactions: Skip Goulet

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
:lol:  

w00t%5B1%5D.gif
 Before I even scrolled down to see comment number one (thank you, Jenny!), I was thinking, hmmmmm....... I'll bet it lit up a life or two on a lonely road (or at home)!  
Freudian slip

Oh my.........bad thoughts......bad.....very bad :crazy:
Freudian slip?   Is that what Jen loves to come out of at night? :lol:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
And for cross reference purposes....

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
So this is how you guys get into vintage lights, they get into you first.  Oh snap,  

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.