Need EMS Green and White Bar Light. Any ideas? + my idea of a light setup- Pls input

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Hey guys im new to the forum. Been browsing for a while but finally registered.

Im about to get certified as an EMT out in NY and im allowed to have green and white lights on the front of my vehicle.

I would like something like the strobes n more E66 light bar but they dont have it in solid green or in green and white.

Strobes N' More

I am hoping to stay in around the same price range of $225 like the E66... My second idea/ option was to purchase seperate green and white E6 Led's and make a custom mount on place one on each set of each (a green and a white) on each side of the windshield....

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for me.

I am mounting this in a 2011 Jeep Wrangler. (Please keep in mind these windows are not big at all and are relatively straight so im not really sure what options i have.

So far for the rear deck i choose a Strobes n More E66 Split Red and Blue (Still unsure if this will do it... If anyone has any input i would be grateful.)

And i have 2 Strobes n more E3 LED lights mounted for the front and rear windows in Amber just as random hazards.

As Inter-sector lights i purchased 2 strobes n more E4 (One for each side window) split amber and white....

I am also thinking about putting these whelen lights as inter-sector lights, on a 45 degree outward angle near the windows on a rubber made mount that is specially made for these... (Links Below.)

SIRENNET.COM - Whelen 4" Round Flat Lens TIR6 Super-LED Lighthead

4" Round Rubber Housing is right below that light in the same link....

Please let me know what you think of my idea of a setup and if you can help me on locating a bar for the front of my car.... (In green or green and white)

Thanks for everything!

Happy 4th

Cheers:)

firefighter31

Sep 16, 2011
Missouri
go with the E66 dual color in the rear. Amazing light! I have had mine for 2 weeks and traffic moves over 3/4 mile ahead of time when i'm stopped on a car accident..

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That's actually a damn good deal too. I would have bought it had it been any other emergency light color...

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
firefighter31 said:
go with the E66 dual color in the rear. Amazing light! I have had mine for 2 weeks and traffic moves over 3/4 mile ahead of time when i'm stopped on a car accident..

Can you post pictures or possibly a vid. (day and night if possible). Just curious to see what it looks like...

Thanks a mil!

Hoff said:

That actually does look nice. Pity they dont make it for my Vehicle. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
movi3king said:
What is the difference between the regular E66 and the Dual Color?
Also can you post pictures or possibly a vid. (day and night if possible). Just curious to see what it looks like...

Thanks a mil!

That actually does look nice. Pity they dont make it for my Vehicle. :(

What type of vehicle do you have.

Edit: ok you could get that setup and swap the heads around to make the light stick all green or just order white lightheads if you want. Or you could just custom mount the lightbar in your jeep.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
ar6423 said:
That's actually a damn good deal too. I would have bought it had it been any other emergency light color...

Yes it is!

movi3king said:
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport.

With a little fab work you could get it to work. Heck you could get that 600 and swap the amber for white maybe? Just tryin to help out, green can be hard to find sometimes.

Black Hoe

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
An FYI to the original poster, you are NOT ALLOWED to display any clear or white light. NYS V&T Law strictly allows Green only 360 degrees for members of volunteer ambulance companies. Only Authorized Emergency Vehicles are allowed to display a combination of red and clear or white lights 360 degrees and blue only to the rear.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Black Hoe said:
An FYI to the original poster, you are NOT ALLOWED to display any clear or white light. NYS V&T Law strictly allows Green only 360 degrees for members of volunteer ambulance companies. Only Authorized Emergency Vehicles are allowed to display a combination of red and clear or white lights 360 degrees and blue only to the rear.

With my tongue firmly in my cheek:

But he knows more about this than any of us. After all, he's about to become an EMT!

SC-SPCA

Feb 1, 2012
New York
Not to beat a dead horse...

but here i go :beat_deadhorse:

as was stated nys VTL says you can only have 1 (one) green light. Not sure how it is in rockland county, but where I am the troopers will jam you up for having white lights. Also, just because you are an EMT doesnt mean you get to put lights on your car. You need to be a member of a volunteer ambulance corp, AND have authorization in writing from the chief/director or who ever is in charge.

(end rant)

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I'm not sure why new EMT's assume that they're are allowed to have lights/sirens...But no, they can't. I recommend waiting until you're part of an EMS squad, and get (written) permission from your Chief. Play it safe.

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Thanks for the info. guys.

I appreciate everyone looking out and briefing me on the local light/siren laws.

I have heard of some of them but others are new to me.

I was simply judging my idea of a setup on what i have seen some of my colleges who are in the field use...

Getting back to the plain solid Green LED's if anyone else has any recommendations as far as a friend window light(s) i would appreciate it.

I did see some of the ideas that some of you guys posted. Most wont work for me due to the fact that my window is straight as opposed to a normal car/ suv window which has kind of a panoramic bend effect (not really sure how to describe it....)

Thanks

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
movi3king said:
I Think this looks like a great light but i doubt it would work well mounting wise with my straight windshield.

You can take the flashback shield off so it lays flat against the window:thumbsup:

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
From experience using forward facing green lights, I'd have to say a Feniex 4X or Feniex 400. They are extremely bright, good quality, and it's a 2 minute job to swap out modules if you want to change to white eventually

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
NERT11 said:
From experience using forward facing green lights, I'd have to say a Feniex 4X or Feniex 400. They are extremely bright, good quality, and it's a 2 minute job to swap out modules if you want to change to white eventually

I was actually looking into these 2...

Thanks for the info.

Do you by any chance have any night and day vids of you running these lights? (Wait i think i just found yours on youtube....)

Also who sells that at a decent price? If you can just point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

Thanks.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
PM sent with pricing on both the Python 400 and the Python 4x.

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I got mine from ResponderPSE. They were great to deal with, prices were $10 less than everyone else, and my big factor was shipping to Canada. While most places are $75-$85 shipping plus expensive duty, I think I paid $23 shipping and $14 duty. If you are in the US, you luck out, all Feniex products are free shipping in the continental US right now. (they don't advertise the 4X, just the 400, but they sell both... 4X has a flashback shield and cigarette plug switch/pattern changer, but costs about $30 more than the standard 400)

2 & 4 Head Directional Mini Warning Bars

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
PC Comms said:
PM sent with pricing on both the Python 400 and the Python 4x.

Thanks alot!

Reply sent.

NERT11 said:
I got mine from ResponderPSE. They were great to deal with, prices were $10 less than everyone else, and my big factor was shipping to Canada. While most places are $75-$85 shipping plus expensive duty, I think I paid $23 shipping and $14 duty. If you are in the US, you luck out, all Feniex products are free shipping in the continental US right now. (they don't advertise the 4X, just the 400, but they sell both... 4X has a flashback shield and cigarette plug switch/pattern changer, but costs about $30 more than the standard 400)

2 & 4 Head Directional Mini Warning Bars

Thanks for the info!

I appreciate everyone's help.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firefighter5316

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.