Need help changing flash pattern on Whelen Justice JE Lightbar

blacktalon47

Feb 28, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I am looking to change the flash pattern on my patrol car. The light bar model number is JE8BBRR.

Where should I look for the Scan-Lock wires? In the headliner? At the control box?

I have downloaded the user manuals but I am still confused as to the location, I don't want to just start ripping things apart looking for them.

We have the Whelen-295SLSA6 Light/Siren boxes. I am also interested in having a different pattern for positions 2 and 3. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!

blacktalon47

Feb 28, 2013
Northeast Ohio
Today I took the 295SLSA6 out of the console. I was unable to find the scan-lok wire. Is there anyway to access the wires on the lightbar itself? I really don't want to pull the headliner down.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
You'll need to locate the wire harness from the bar, look under seat at bottom of B post on side that cable comes down pillar. Finding the route the cable takes, follow until the end where connections were made. Pulling the headliner will only point you in the proper direction, you need to find the "end" of the cable. It could go to the trunk, under a seat, into the console. While you had the siren out, could you see a multi conductor cable in the console? Not sure how you can pull off different patterns on different positions, different pairs of heads can have different patterns. First track down the end of the factory lightbar cable. Good luck.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
The cable from the light bar probably comes down the passenger side B pillar. Most installers, but not all, will run the cable under the carpet to the center console.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
With the slsa6 it would make sense for the installer to run the Lightbar Harness to the console. If your comfortable open up the console, being careful not to pull wiring and look for a roughly 3/4" wire bundle. Likely some of the trigger wires are hooked directly from the slsa6 to the Lightbar harness. Take some pics and we can better direct you.

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.