Need help identifying a possible whelen light

lightboy363

Aug 21, 2010
MI
Just bought a set of "whelen tir6's" from a member of this board, received them to find no whelen markings what so ever on them, same body and lens as my original whelen tir6, but, it has 4 wires red, black white and yellow, where my original has a grey sync wire. These lights I bought will not sync at all. Any ideas out there?

Thanks, Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
That my friend sounds like knockoffs. Someone on the board sold knockoffs as whelen?

I sold him a knock off without checking to make sure it was a real whelen or knockoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already did hes getting his money back Ive never ripped any one off and have no intentions to start now

Same thing happened to me, so because some members that are selling stuff don't know

what they are looking at or really don't care, you really have to be careful. From now on if

there is not whelen somewhere on the leds, stay away from it as it most likely a Knock off.

Bad thing about it is we get drifters that like to push knock offs misleading the buyer that

they are major brands and you never hear back from this person once you get the

lights from them and find out they are knock offs.

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

DLuccia said:
Already did hes getting his money back Ive never ripped any one off and have no intentions to start now

I knew you'd make it right. Nothing to worry about, seems Dan just made a simple mistake. We're all guilty of that from time to time. At least he's making it right.

Dan was quick to reply to me about the lights and he is the one that offered to make it right. I've been snooping around this board for many years thru all the changes and know who has been around for awhile, that's why I bought from him. Hope I get to deal with him again. Thanks Dan

Jon

Pimp said:
I knew you'd make it right. Nothing to worry about, seems Dan just made a simple mistake. We're all guilty of that from time to time. At least he's making it right.

+1, Good to see we still have good people around like that.

"Knock offs" get harder to notice every day. Most people here will make deals right when they make a mistake.

JohnMarcson said:
"Knock offs" get harder to notice every day. Most people here will make deals right when they make a mistake.

john is so right, i bought a dual talon off a guy on craigs list 2 weeks ago........

had what seemed to be a legit whelen sticker on it.... light stopped working, since it was out of date anyway per the label , i decided to open it up........... and it was no talon on the inside, it was a knockoff...........

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381