need help raising and lowering golight!!!!

huntinggamo

Jan 9, 2011
northern colorado, USA
ok so the problem is we need to mount a go light on top of a truck, it needs to be in the lowered position for driving around and still be able to function, and then it needs to be able to rise 10-20 inches at the flick of a switch, im thinking something like the antenna booms you see on top of news crew vans only mini. i can not seem to fing any kind of product to do this, it will be mounted on the headach rack of a truck so there will be 10ish inches of room down below the go light, fabing something together is an option if i come acrost the right idea. the main requirements are that it must be:

linear, go straight up and down, or at least keep the go light level (some type of scissor lift might be an option)

reliable, must always work when needed

weather proof, it will be mounted exposed to the elements

electrical, no hydraulics or pneumatics

anyone have a good idea?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
linear actuator?

localhero800

May 22, 2010
Southeast Missouri
I agree with Shawn. Thats what we have on ALL of our trucks. You pull a lever and push them up! Very Simple. You could take one to your local welding shop and have them weld a flat top plate on it for the golight.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.