need help removing strobe pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Maybe it's me, but I'm not understanding what you're asking.

Do you want to replace the strobes with LEDs, using the existing strobe cables to the power the LEDs?

Last edited by a moderator:

emurr

Aug 30, 2011
New jersey
its probably me... but im trying to remove the strobe pack leaving just the power wires. i was wondering if anyone can help me or show me a way to figure out wich one is the power and distribute it to the 4 heads....without having it look all jacked up.

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
use the power going to the strobe pack for your power then cut the ends off the strobe cables going to each head and use them for power ground and sync. make sure you fully remove the strobe pack though so you dont fry he leds

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
If you just need to get power to each head I would take the hot wire from the power supply and feed a small fuse block with it. Then use the red wire from each strobe cable to hook up each led head to the fuse block. then find a place to ground each black wire.

Doesn't have to be a fuse block, junction block or buss bar will work. You just need a way to get the hot wire from the power supply connected to each hot wire for each led head.

emurr

Aug 30, 2011
New jersey
now for my next question. the switch has a high and low side. is there a way to connect it so either way you flip it, the power goes on?

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
emurr said:
now for my next question. the switch has a high and low side. is there a way to connect it so either way you flip it, the power goes on?

Do you mean a Mode 1 and Mode 2? A 5pin relay will do that, but I have a feeling you just need to look harder at how everything is wired in the ambulance already to find the best spot.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Don't take this the wrong way but...

If you gotta ask everything you already have thus far, I would strongly recommend you take it to a professional.

Don't need an ambulance possibly catching fire while running code, more so since the insurance company will not cover it if its installed incorrectly...

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
unlisted said:
Don't take this the wrong way but...

If you gotta ask everything you already have thus far, I would strongly recommend you take it to a professional.

Don't need an ambulance possibly catching fire while running code, more so since the insurance company will not cover it if its installed incorrectly...

I agree with unlisted. I am not trying to put you down, but it is basic electronics to take the strobe pack out, and just use the cables to hook up the leds. Let someone who knows do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.