Need help/suggestions on how to set up my 2014 Silverado (updated 5/4 with video)

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
mm2k5 said:
any pics of how you ended up mounting the lights? Lights look good though!

Brendan11 said:

If he's going to do this, he should start an Install Thread...

Actually, since this has moved from a discussion on what he should do, to an actual install of products, he should crate an Install Thread regardless... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
aperdue said:
here is whati have for now.b Some additions will be made before to long.

Nice set up !! Like the amber to the rear as it breaks up the red/blue... Nice work. ;)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Looks good so far. I may have missed it but what other plans do you have for it? I looked at the Chevy and GMC trucks at the auto show last week. I am a Ford guy, but I really like the Chevy.

aperdue

Feb 11, 2014
Texas
Eri programc1249 said:
Looks good so far. I may have missed it but what other plans do you have for it? I looked at the Chevy and GMC trucks at the auto show last week. I am a Ford guy, but I really like the Chevy.

Hopefully this works. If there are any more questions on the mounts let me know. Itried to describe them the best I could. now that I think about it I wish I would have done to build thread but I didn't take any pictures along the way. this was my first time doing this so I had no idea what I was doing. I will say that the siren was a huge pain in the butt to program but I feel like I'm an expert at it now lol

aperdue

Feb 11, 2014
Texas
So I have pretty much decided to trade in the cannons for 2 more t6s on a license plate mount. I am just not sure of the color set up on them. I was thinking of doing them split red/blue , that way they would both flash red at the same time, then blue at the same time. What yall think?

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
aperdue said:
So I have pretty much decided to trade in the cannons for 2 more t6s on a license plate mount. I am just not sure of the color set up on them. I was thinking of doing them split red/blue , that way they would both flash red at the same time, then blue at the same time. What yall think?

If you do split heads, make sure they are on a SLOW pattern!! Split-fail is most noticeable when they alternate too fast and just make a multicolored blur...

firemanemt89

Feb 11, 2011
USA, Massachusetts
Check out my post about my 2011 Chevy SIlverado, I have it set up slick top and I've never had anything but good compliments about the set up i have installed.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
that looks great so far. i like it a lot. perfect colors and patterns. cant wait to see a HLF and some Cannons

aperdue

Feb 11, 2014
Texas
Brendan11 said:
How is the fit and flashback on the Pegasus?

Well, it is hard to say since I am using a model made for up to 2013 Tahoe on a 2014 Silverado. I did have some significant flashback but it has been mitigated by use of weatherstripping. I will say that I am very happy with it. Had the opportunity to use my setup while responding to a call the other day and when I came around the corner, everyone stopped, and that is saying a lot in my area. Noone yields for emergency vehicles around here.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
aperdue said:

I would stick with Cannons on the tails vs a couple split T6's. I think being further apart in the tails is more effective then close together on the rear plate. If you are set on T6's at least don't use a split head.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Looks good. Did you every figure out the three wires? I can't for the life of me remember what we did on that install back there. Neither could one of my installers. We have more coming up though.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
TritonBoulder47 said:
If he's going to do this, he should start an Install Thread...

Actually, since this has moved from a discussion on what he should do, to an actual install of products, he should crate an Install Thread regardless... lol

Just sayin...

aperdue

Feb 11, 2014
Texas
FEVER said:
Looks good. Did you every figure out the three wires? I can't for the life of me remember what we did on that install back there. Neither could one of my installers. We have more coming up though.

Not 100% but I wired the cannons in the reverse lights as green wire was power and both black wires were grounds. Looked like one of them went from the reverse light to the top tail light like it was a ground in series, if that makes sense.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
aperdue said:
Not 100% but I wired the cannons in the reverse lights as green wire was power and both black wires were grounds. Looked like one of them went from the reverse light to the top tail light like it was a ground in series, if that makes sense.

Yes.. thats what I thought it was honestly. I just couldn't remember and didn't want to give you bad info.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
We did that truck about ten months ago and havn't seen it since... guy loves it.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
looks great but i wish you went with bigger grill lights.

i think i would like it a lot more if you had it set-up blue-blue on passenger side, and red-red on the drivers side. But thats just my personal opinion.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
aperdue said:
So, here is what I ended up with. I think I am done.......for now.

Looks great! Big blue and red footprints are a rare find these days. Add a HLF before you call it a day, though!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks pretty good. It would benefit from something for intersection. If it were my truck I would move the grill lights to the top grill section and space them wider. Something else you could do is add two more grill lights and sync them in an x-pattern; that would look pretty good.

aperdue

Feb 11, 2014
Texas
acala91 said:
Looks pretty good. It would benefit from something for intersection. If it were my truck I would move the grill lights to the top grill section and space them wider. Something else you could do is add two more grill lights and sync them in an x-pattern; that would look pretty good.

There are only 4 slots in the grill where those lights would fit, that is why I put them there. I do agree that I need more for intersection, but my options seem to be very limited. So far, the only thing that I have drilled on on this truck is the reverse lights, and I want to keep it that way, so that takes away the options on the side mirrors. I may be adding some nerf bars in the next year, and if I do, I will be adding some light to them.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
I like it! My department has started to use Vertex heads as intersection coverage (not quite as bad as the FDNY BC trucks); what about mounting a pair down in the fog light area, facing out?

May 20, 2010
Mission, Texas RGV
Is there any way you can post pics of where you came into the cab from the firewall and the rear lighting I don't want to drill to many holes on this project.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.