Need help with Whelen ambulance flush mount bar

Lux Ferous

Feb 24, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Hello everyone

I need some help to identify the model of a light bar that I recently acquire. It is a Whelen ambulance flush mount bar however I am not sure if this is Whelen SUPER Advantedge 5000 or 4500 or what? This is a bar with all halogen lighting 4 rotators and 5 light heads. If any one have any information, manual instructions how to wired this bar and what would be the proper or ideal switch box to operate this light I would appreciate any suggestions or help. This bar will be use for display only inside my house.

Thanks

Greg

DSC_5905.jpg

DSC_5904.jpg

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
It a super Advantage bar. The strobes are connected to an external power supply. Rotators normally on the primary/secondary switch.

A couple years ago one of my customers had me gut theirs and install all LED modules. Worked pretty good.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
As stated you have a super advantedge plus. The end strobes will have a three wire cable going to each head, red, black and white. These need to be hooked to a strobe power supply. The center amber looks to be a halogen light which will just require a halogen flasher. The rotators will simply use black wires for ground and red for power (12vdc). If you are looking to use this inside, there is a good thread about indoor power in the vintage section.

I am actually going to move this to the vintage/collectable secion because I think you are looking to use this for a display, rather than on a vehicle.

I can sell you a two head power supply and a halogen flasher if you want to run the bar, should be less than $50 shipped for both if not less depending on your preference in power supply. If you post a close up pic of the wires in the back will gladly label them in paint shop and repost it.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
That is definitely a Super Advantedge 5000. I have the exact same bar that is NOS. All black leads to ground and red to red to positive. The halogen red/amber flashers require an external flasher and the load lights are simple on off unless you hook them to the flasher too. I suggest a 30a or higher power supply to properly run the bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.