Need ideas for 2010 GMC Terrain

FFM19

Aug 6, 2010
Morgantown, WV
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong location, but it seemed like the right place and if I remember correctly this is the place that things like this were posted in the old forums.

Anyways, I decided to get myself a 2010 GMC Terrain and I can't decide what to install in it. I had a 98 Honda CRV that I had installed pretty well, but most of the equipment I used is older and I want to just start over. In my state we can use red/white and have amber in the back, have to have 360 coverage and must have a siren. I already have a siren and speaker. I DO NOT want to have a lightbar or anything like it on the outside of my car. Grille lights are ok and I have a pair of TIR3s (red) mounted on a licence place bracket that I do plan to put on the back license plate of my car. Other than that I am open to suggestions. I don't have a large budget so lets not get too carried away, I just need something visable and low key. Thanks, here are some images of my car that should be helpful.

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a179_BoomStick4U_1.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a179_BoomStick4U_2.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a179_BoomStick4U_3.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a179_BoomStick4U_4.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a179_BoomStick4U_5.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a179_BoomStick4U_6.jpg

J

jrw14493

Front:

6x6 LED dashlight http://www.arklamisslights.com/apps/web ... ow/1535868 ($120)

Pimp TIR pod in grille http://www.arklamisslights.com/apps/web ... ow/1405038 ($80/pair)

LAW in headlights http://www.sirennet.com/soeluc2s010.html ($136/pair)

1.jpg[/attachment:31ahsfnf]

Side:

Pimp pods in wheel wells http://www.arklamisslights.com/apps/web ... ow/1405045 ($80/pair)

2.jpg[/attachment:31ahsfnf]

Rear:

6x6 LED dashlight http://www.arklamisslights.com/apps/web ... ow/1535868 ($120)

your Red TIR3's (FREE!)

LAW in BU lights http://www.sirennet.com/soeluc2s010.html ($136/pair)

3.jpg[/attachment:31ahsfnf]

TOTAL: $672 + bracketry, shipping, beer, band-aids, busted knuckels etc...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Like most of what is suggested above, except side lighting. Do one lighthead in the rear side window. Wheel wells seem to me that they would not be seen from close up.

ccvrs625

May 26, 2010
Summerville, SC
hey whats up your with dorchester county correct why dont you get with shep he did my tahoe and gave me some good ideas i'm with rescue so if you want to see my truck just pm me. good looking truck. Griff "Charleston County Rescue Squad"

FFM19

Aug 6, 2010
Morgantown, WV
Thanks for the suggestion, would like to get a couple of more just for information.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
FRONT:

--your grill lights

--HLF (headlight flasher)

--tomar 200s, whelen dual avenger, or fedsig dual viper on dash

(i think that's decent basic warning for someone with a budget, but if you feel the need for more front lighting, i'd add lighting above the rear-view mirror on the headliner, so that u have lighting at multiple different levels)

SIDE:

--10-75 bracket w/ red tomar rect13's

--red 500 series on l-brackets in the rear side windows

REAR:

--TLF (tailight flasher)

--your 2 tir3's on the LP bracket

--1 or 2 amber/red tir6 slimlighter(s), depending on your budget, on bail mount brackets to the rear headliner

your siren and speaker

hitechrednex

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
supervisor bar (split design) from LED outfitters only like $220-$250.(comprised of 8 TIR 4 lights) and a few TIR 3, 4, or 6 lights in the grille and some TIRs in the rear and passenger side windows or upper wheel wells(they actually don't get that dirty)

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
hitechrednex said:
supervisor bar (split design) from LED outfitters only like $220-$250.(comprised of 8 TIR 4 lights) and a few TIR 3, 4, or 6 lights in the grille and some TIRs in the rear and passenger side windows or upper wheel wells(they actually don't get that dirty)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :eek: Just say NO!!!! unless you nothing but a headache.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Front

-avenger or talon on dash

-Pimp pods in grille

-LED HAWS

-Headlight Flasher

Side

-two or three head microman or els bar on each side in rear window

Back

Microman or ELS bar either two 3 head bars, one on each side or a 6 head or bigger bar across the back window

Taillight flasher

hitechrednex

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
rwo978 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :eek: Just say NO!!!! unless you nothing but a headache.

i ave heard people have had bad luck with these, but 3 firefighters here have them and love them, so i don't know

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I have a Voltex visor/ interior bar thing i bought off ebay for $100 and i've had great luck with it. Its not as bright as an ELS or microman light but its pretty damn bright!

MarkClements

Jun 1, 2010
Wisconsin
So, have you (or anyone) finished off a GMC Terrain yet? I am wondering what you ended up installed and the pain-in-the-arse factor of it. What about siren speakers? I haven't had a chance to look at it in person yet, but will probably be doing an install in the next few weeks/months (as soon as it warms up a little!)

bobbyj

May 1, 2012
Bellingham, MA
I've got lighting pretty much figured out, but I'm having a little trouble designing the control. Usable real estate is at a low in this vehicle and I'm having a mental block at the moment. Do you have any pictures of how you did this?

Anybody else got any ideas?

Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.