Need ideas for my FD's Expedition

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
2011 Ford Expedition, will be used as a chase/command unit. We just purchased a slide out drawer unit for the cargo area, and are in the process of brainstorming the cabinet design. I would love to see some pics of similar set ups. The drawer needs to house a jump bag, Lifepack 12, Road cones, air pack, as well as a computer monitor/workstation with a couple radios. We are also going to try to fit one of those portable fold-up canopies in there too. Any ideas/suggestions are much appreciated. Time to show off!

Oh, and the computer will be a toughbook on a mount in the front passenger seat, with a monitor/mouse/keyboard in the slide out somewhere.

Mods, please move this if this is not the appropriate place.

dcarrfire45

Feb 4, 2012
stafford ct
i built my own cabinet to fit my needs. was fairly simple. best bet is looking at all kinds of rear ideas and adapt features from each. thing i did that was possibly the best was used bedliner to coat the area where my gear goes. search 07 expedition in the your installs to see my pics.

Brian H

May 25, 2010
Iowa
I'd look at Odyssey Auto and Mobile Fleet cabinets to get some ideas if you haven't already. I have a Mobile Fleet in my new Durango and it's a very solid unit

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
dcarrfire45 said:
i built my own cabinet to fit my needs. was fairly simple. best bet is looking at all kinds of rear ideas and adapt features from each. thing i did that was possibly the best was used bedliner to coat the area where my gear goes. search 07 expedition in the your installs to see my pics.

This is basically where we are at right now. I think the issue is we're trying to shove 20lbs of stuff in a 10lb hole. Anyone have a computer or white board setup in theirs?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.