Need recommendations for blue LED beacons

GE

Sep 30, 2015
Prairies Canada
Hi everyone. I have a client that is looking to use blue LED emergency beacons for signalling burglary events on buildings. It needs to be 360 degree warning, should be visible day and night so class 1 or class 2, and they prefer a clear lens so as not to necessarily give away what they are before they're lit off as well as for aesthetics on the building. It also needs to have a threaded pipe mount base, 3/4" is optimal but 1" will do.

My preferred brand is Whelen, however the only beacon they currently make that checks all the boxes is the L22 which is over $200 CAD my cost. After that it's the L31 linear beacon which is just stupid money. I'm looking for something a bit more economical.

Google has surprisingly been of little help. Most of the hits I get are for cheap beacons of dubious performance and quality. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might be a bit further down the price ladder?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
While not ideal or an easy route, you may wish to contact a Feniex rep to see if they could special order the AM600 beacon with blue LEDs but a clear dome. That likely is the cheapest route as they currently go for $100. Or just go with a clear one instead of blue

Reactions: Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.