Need some help for Digital Alley system

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
I recently inherited a CV with a digitial ally system installed in it due to my rookie crashing my new unit, anyways, i had to get a new 4gb memory card, formatted it through the required software, but when I turn on the unit, it takes a very very long time to boot, then says card is full after a fresh format. I re-format the card and it boots up, then says no user id's found, so i again reformat the card.

Well i finally got it to record a traffic stop and no it doesn't record anymore, not on auto when lights are activated or when i manually push the record button.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? a bad flash card?

IMO we should have stayed with mobile vision and just upgraded the the digital version.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Digital Ally's are very picky about which cards they use. They require Sandisk and we got stuck with a bunch of 16gb cards as Sandisk tweaked their product and they are no long compatible. I would try another card and see if that solves the problem.

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
Yea i just bought a new sandisk on wednesday and i guess that is the problem. it was $25 for a 4gb, can't afford to be wasting money on stuff like that because they are non-returnable.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Several digital camera makers use proprietary memory cards. The look the same and technically are the same as what you can buy locally, but have a special formatting or similar techno-protecto magic to prevent you from buying elsewhere. I can't say with regards to Digital Ally, but do know L3/Mobile Vision requires you to buy their VERY EXPENSIVE cards direct.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.