Need some measurements on a Whelen mount please

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
Hi! I am hoping someone can help me out here. I am looking at an install option for my Chevy Trailblazer. If I remove the roof rack on the truck, I have some mounting points. Here's what I need: On the Whelen mounting feet, what are the dimensions between the holes on the mounting feet. In this photo specifically:

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5016_5535185087_0e7cec2ee5.jpg

Does anyone have a mount available that they can get the dimensions of A, B and C in this photo?

Note: This is not my photo, it came from an E-Bay auction

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
silverunicorn said:
The holes from my roof rack are 6 3/4" apart

This sounds promising! You just need to "wallow out" each of the "B" holes in the mounting feet just 1/16" wider.

This could be accomplished using a Rotozip (side cutting) drill bit, a Dremel tool, or even by hand using a round file.

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
shues said:
This sounds promising! You just need to "wallow out" each of the "B" holes in the mounting feet just 1/16" wider.

This could be accomplished using a Rotozip (side cutting) drill bit, a Dremel tool, or even by hand using a round file.

Hmmmm, that IS promising! I am not so good with the fractions, so I thought it was more than that, LOL.

Thanks foor the clarification! Our department is starting to require a roof light, and I figured if I could use the roof rack mounts for a Whelen bar that would be pretty slick. We'll see what happens.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.