Need your help to disassemble rotators sealed beams!

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
No markings... just gear teeth position on the belt is all that sets where they face.

fireball3 said:
Hello everyone!

I want to start the renovation of my "Code 3 SD", but before removing the rotators of sealed beams, I want to know how rotators are synchronized, is there any markings to note, before removing, so that synchronize rotators in the reassembly!.

thank you for your help

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_195434IMG0840.jpg[/URL]

signal12

May 22, 2010
long island new york
the first photo is a front view of the alignment and the second is the rear view. if clear lenses are used with colored bulbs all the bulbs except the one facing by itself as in the rear view would be the same color and the one that is by it self would be white or the second color

frontview.jpg

rearview.jpg

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Good luck aligning them. The SD is almost impossible to do, just the way the motor is mounted; it is a PITA to just get the band around the gear, never mind getting them aliened.

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
jdh said:
Good luck aligning them. The SD is almost impossible to do, just the way the motor is mounted; it is a PITA to just get the band around the gear, never mind getting them aliened.

Thank you, but I just, all apart! :worried:

Yes, indeed, the two parts are independent, and both belts are mounted on a tensioning roller!

I completely disassembled, piece by piece, for cleaning and polishing!, and new wiring!

signal12 said:
Your welcome and keep us updated on your progress

Yes, of course! :) for this reason that I take pictures, all stages; to give you a summary of the renovation of this bar!.

thank you all for your interest

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaptainKeram

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.