never heard an EQ do this

I think all siren operators on FDNY vehicles are required to use manual control only. By playing with the manual button you can get some pretty sick sounds out of an electronic siren.

I thought it was broken at first, haha. Not really a fan, but if it works, use it. That TL had a lot of lights too.

Wailer, how does an EQ2 sit with you? Does it make you feel conflicted, haha?

It's a brand new TL so the EQ2B is new as well. He was just messing with the Man button. He also put on the yelp that they never use. I don't know why they don't use regular Q sirens anymore. They sound a lot better.

Most of the time FDNY uses the Manuel. It sounds like someone was bored waiting for traffic to clear, and decided to use the control pad to make some of those weird siren tones. Most of the time FDNY sits on the Air Horn until traffic clears.

Wailer said:
I think all siren operators on FDNY vehicles are required to use manual control only. By playing with the manual button you can get some pretty sick sounds out of an electronic siren.

Lol not really, Rescue 2 pretty much always rolls with Wail on and Air horns blasting! But most officers usually just use the manual and airhorn.

RL1 said:
Wailer, how does an EQ2 sit with you? Does it make you feel conflicted, haha?

Someone posted a YouTube video of the very first version of the Federal 'Director' electronic siren (model PA5, c. 1961-1962), and after I watched it I thought that it simulated the sound of a Q siren much better than the eQ2b.

Lightbarnut said:
Sounded like cats fighting!

or 2 that are in heat :thumbsup:

Wailer said:
Someone posted a YouTube video of the very first version of the Federal 'Director' electronic siren (model PA5, c. 1961-1962), and after I watched it I thought that it simulated the sound of a Q siren much better than the eQ2b.

+1 I would kill to get my hands on on of the PA5's

I looked up a vid on Youtube and was amazed how closely they resembled each other. To me, the eq2b is a PA5, just a little better sounding

gman021 said:
I looked up a vid on Youtube and was amazed how closely they resembled each other. To me, the eq2b is a PA5, just a little better sounding

Really? I think the eQ sounds like shit. They should have stuck with the PA300s.

philyumpshus said:
Really? I think the eQ sounds like shit. They should have stuck with the PA300s.

Your just a hater, the eQ is a fine piece of equipment.

Defiantly some "brake play" going on there....

If a fire engine absolutely has to have a mechanical siren, to my ears the best sounding 'fire engine' mechanical sirens Federal ever made were the dual tone 77 series. Get one of those going and a bell clanging and you've got the classic vintage fire engine tone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381