New Acqusition Triple Threat SD+packing pix

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Just got this bar in from eBay. It is in fantastic shape inside, like new. Has two 100 watt speakers (to be removed cuz this bar weighs in at 72 pounds). Lenses need to be polished, but UPS didn't break any this time.

I know there are not too many out there, so I am quite happy to have gotten one finally.

More pics to come

[Broken External Image]:http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/1197/2710663670103563214S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is a pic of the packaging. Very little protection offered here but it came in one piece. Plus the mounting brackets were on top of the bar, taped down.

[Broken External Image]:http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/9670/2905823180103563214S600x600Q85.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
:shock:

Epic.

You absolutely must wire it up and post a video!

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
I want to see pics of the packing and the box it was shipped in. Seriously. They must be bulletproof, since UPS usually breaks domes no matter how well they are packed. Congrats on being lucky enough to get it without anything being damaged.

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
03crownvic said:
I want to see pics of the packing and the box it was shipped in. Seriously. They must be bulletproof, since UPS usually breaks domes no matter how well they are packed. Congrats on being lucky enough to get it without anything being damaged.

i took pics for that very reason. I will post soon.

Believe it or not, the bar was basically wrapped in bubble wrap with some pallet corner protectors over the domes and a box wrapped tight around the entire bar. Given the weight I figured out of spite it would have been damaged. It's a heavy, cumbersome bar.

Miracles do happen.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
motorolamaniac said:
i took pics for that very reason. I will post soon.

Believe it or not, the bar was basically wrapped in bubble wrap with some pallet corner protectors over the domes and a box wrapped tight around the entire bar. Given the weight I figured out of spite it would have been damaged. It's a heavy, cumbersome bar.

Miracles do happen.

I've found when I ship reallllly big bars.. ie triple threats or 96" edge plus bars that they don't get damaged.... maybe they are too big to throw very hard?!?

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
JohnMarcson said:
I've found when I ship reallllly big bars.. ie triple threats or 96" edge plus bars that they don't get damaged.... maybe they are too big to throw very hard?!?

I added a pic of the box it was in. I know some stories of UPS drivers who stomp, kick and drop stuff on purpose because its too heavy for them to want to deal with it.

Maybe I got some extra nice drivers this time.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
You are so very fortunate to

A. Have a PSE Code3 Triple Threat SD.

B. Not having something broken by UPS.

That rascal will need about 40 amps to run it properly. And people wonder why sealed beams disappeared from lightbars?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
stansdds said:
You are so very fortunate to

A. Have a PSE Code3 Triple Threat SD.

B. Not having something broken by UPS.

That rascal will need about 40 amps to run it properly. And people wonder why sealed beams disappeared from lightbars?

43 amps is what mine pulls.

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Scranton, PA
Finally it has arrived! Glad to hear that you got it in one piece and not in many pieces like so many of mine have been arriving as of late. It looks like it's missing something, though... maybe some stingers??? I wonder where you'd ever find a set of those? :twisted:

It also looks like you're running out of room to keep those bars... let me know if you want to get rid of any of your aeros!

wolfman

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
wolfman said:
Finally it has arrived! Glad to hear that you got it in one piece and not in many pieces like so many of mine have been arriving as of late. It looks like it's missing something, though... maybe some stingers??? I wonder where you'd ever find a set of those? :twisted:

It also looks like you're running out of room to keep those bars... let me know if you want to get rid of any of your aeros!

wolfman

I may give those stingers a shot. Need to see if the mounting base from the XL will work on the SD frame.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
My triple threat XL with sealed beams and 3 stingers draws over 50 amps.....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.