New Additions, pics added--pair of RV-15's

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I have 2 new additions to the collection.

[Broken External Image]:http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz312/ccr203/dietzbeacons.jpg

They have somewhat of an identity crisis. The domes are DZ series or Dietz, and the internals look like those in a Dietz 7-11, American Bosh Motors with a 1979 date on them.

They have ID plates attached to the retaining rings, but they were "etched" and not stamped. The tags are faded, unreadable. As I began to clean the chrome, some of the etching became barely readable, and it was marked as a Smith and Wesson light. Model number was unreadable as well as a partial SAE number.

So if anyone could help clarify their identity, that would be great!

Chris

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Interesting find. S&W marketed the L-20 (two bulb) and L-24 (four bulb) beacons, but the ones I've seen were made by Signal-Stat. S&W did sell the Dietz Omni-Chief bar as their 7700, so it is possible that Dietz also made 7-11's for S&W.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
stansdds said:
Interesting find. S&W marketed the L-20 (two bulb) and L-24 (four bulb) beacons, but the ones I've seen were made by Signal-Stat.

They where Yankee beacons.

I have never seen any Signal-Stat relabled to S&W.

Same goes with these lights, they are the first Diets 7-11 I see that has been sold as S&W.

Odd because the S&W 236 and 436 started so sell about this time.

They probably had a gap between the Yankee beacons and their own beacons that they needed to fill.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Thanks for all the help. I guess they are the red headed step children of that time. They had alot of paint and some kind of overspray on them. I have cleaned them both up at this point( only the right one in the pic had been cleaned at the time of posting) replaced both retaining ring screws, and added a length of wire to one of them as somehwere in its life the power wire was cut short, and someone merely added 2 longer lenghts of wire to the short power wire and taped them together inside the light with what looked like old masking tape! :roll:It was dried out and breaking down. I'm surprised it never caught fire.

Chris

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
A cross bar may be in their future for display. Without locating red domes for them that's all they will be is display lights.

At least for fire/ems use here in ohio.

Chris.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Note:

Maybe you can find some red domes from Federal 184 beacons. They should interchange nicely with the Dietz four-beam beacons.

We used to exhange clear Dietz domes with our Federal 184s. And, another member verified my statements in an earlier entry I made on ELB.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Deitz 211/711 and Federal 184 domes are the same diameter and share the same mounting lip size, but the Federal domes have the stepped top unlike the Dietz domes.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Thanks for the info, I will have to look into that. I also have some info on a Ladder that is going in for refurb, which has 2 Dietz Hill lights on the cab, 1 red and 1 clear with red/clear PAr 36's. So with any luck, I may be expanding my Dietz light numbers!! :D

Chris

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Also, the part number on the blue domes of these lights are 77-212. Does anyone know if they would be the older lighter blue Dietz domes or the later darker SAE color that cmb56 referenced in the Dietz Beacon thread?

I am not very versed in Dietz lights as I usually stick to federal, but now that I have these 2 Dietz beacons plus my 911-56 bar I aquired earlier this year(also in all blue), I am expanding manufactors I guess :lol: .

Chris

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I seem to be getting lights in pairs now,

Unity RV-15's

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_RedUnityRV_15s.jpg

Chrome is good shape and they both work. 1 dome looks like the retaining band for the bulb came loose and rubbed the inside though :(

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.