New Carson Programmable Remote Sirens SC-411

sean

Jul 2, 2010
Lexington, KY
Carson SC-411-RD Dual Tone Police & Fire Console Siren

Carson SC-411-RS Remote Fire & Police Siren

I am not sure if someone has posted this. Searched couldn't find anything.

Carson is releasing 2 new sirens in the next month or so (prior to FDIC we think).

The sirens are both remote and are similar in nature.

aep.yimg.com_ca_I_yhst_60288712508565_2195_20283805.gif

The 411 is designed for fleets. Has a new feature called quickclone that does exactly what it sounds like. Program one siren and the rest can be quickly cloned in the fleet.

These are a little pricey - but similar to a CenCom in many ways or the code 3 z-3. (Only much better I think - and yes I am a little bias).

sean@thepublicsafetystore.com

Here is our write-up...

Introducing the police siren that will change the way your fleet is heard. The Carson Sirens, SC-411-RD is the most advanced police & fire siren that we have ever introduced. It features a very advanced yet easy to use QuickClone duplication technology that allows you to program one siren and copy that configuration to all other sirens in your fleet. Plus, with DUAL TONE functionality, you can power two siren speakers with different tones. 200 watt functionality assures that it's LOUD too!

Ok let's get down to the nuts and bolts of this siren. It was developed for smaller spaces but to have the same functions as the full console unit. The new remote Elite Force siren series introduces the new QuickClone duplication technology making it easy to transfer option settings from one unit to another without the need for an external computer, ideal for fleet installations. The splash resistant rubberized control head face offers programmable siren tones, light and arrow stick controls and our patented video trigger capability.

The SC-411-RD has DUAL TONE! Ever thought of what it would sound like to have two of your police sirens or fire sirens going at the same time? The Elite Force allows you to do just that. with two distinct tones being produced at the same time, it really captures your attention. The siren may produce Dual Wail, Dual Yelp, Dual Phaser, Dual Air Horn and combine Wail and Yelp at the same time. These tone pairs are programmable for each siren switch position.

Have a video system? Our patented video trigger output allows a dedicated line to a video system signal to it that it begin recording. To do this move the lever switch or the auxiliary switch to on and your video system will begin to record. activated. This provides complete control to insure that the video system is prompted to record with activating a combination of any specified light output as well as any switch programmed as a gunlock timer.

Have you ever had to get a programmable siren programmed at the fleet shop? No more. All options are programmed using the lever switch and buttons on the control head in a special programming mode, including:

QuickClone - setting duplication technology – Options are automatically synchronized between the control head and amplifier, allowing easy copy from vehicle to vehicle without the use of an external computer for simplified fleet installations.

Lever Switch Operation– progressive, non-progressive and semi-progressive with or without automatic siren activation

Auxiliary Switch Operation - On/Off, momentary or momentary with 10 or 20 second delay for gun lock timer

Auxiliary switch association - linked activation by specific lever switch positions

Control inputs - enable/disable and polarity

Siren options - various operations and tone selections

2nd tone selection - changes 2nd time with various switch positions

Face Diagnostic Indicators: ->Each light and siren output is individually protected with externally exposed fuses and have independent diagnostic sensors at the connectors that display the status of each output on the face of the unit. Audible and visual alerts are transmitted when the sensor detects an output that is not functioning properly.

Adjustable Backlighting - with the press of a button the user can tailor the brightness to their personal preference.

Splash Resistant Rubberized Face -The unit incorporates built in auxiliary and siren switches with backlighting and flanges to seal around the lever switch actuators and volume control knob for improved protection for the internal circuitry from common accidental spills.

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
I am glad to finally hear about the release and see some pictures! I have been hearing about it for several months now. As soon as they are available i will have one to play with!

sean

Jul 2, 2010
Lexington, KY
CenTexPSE said:
I am glad to finally hear about the release and see some pictures! I have been hearing about it for several months now. As soon as they are available i will have one to play with!

I think these are really going to be a big hit. They are pricey but then again they aren't really designed for volunteers price wise at least.

Need to get my hands on one too but they appear to be about a month out or so.

FFRNDAN

May 23, 2010
Malvern, OH
Will this have the mechanical tone? if so, I would be very tempted to swap out my ss2000sm for this! I love that mechanical tone! I also like the rotary knob on sirens better than the buttons now that I have used both.

sean

Jul 2, 2010
Lexington, KY
FFRNDAN` said:
Will this have the mechanical tone? if so, I would be very tempted to swap out my ss2000sm for this! I love that mechanical tone! I also like the rotary knob on sirens better than the buttons now that I have used both.

I agree - I like the knob much better too but I don't THINK that they are putting a mechanical tone in it. It is more designed to be a police siren and usually that isn't a selling point for a police department.

But I can see how it would be useful for fire in certain situations. Command vehicles etc.

sean

Jul 2, 2010
Lexington, KY
frumemtb said:
so how much will it run? MAP pricing?

Dual Tone - 619.00.

Single Tone - 548.00

These are MAP pricing so keep that in mind. Obviously if someone here wanted one we could work something out.

I also posted the PDF specs up on each of the product pages for full technical specs. I don't see anything about a mechanical tone there or in the picture or wasn't given that information in the conversation. So I don't think it will have one. But I hope I am wrong!

Again here are the product pages with pictures and technical specs & everything:

Dual Tone Version:

Carson SC-411-RD Dual Tone Police & Fire Console Siren

Single Tone Version:

Carson SC-411-RS Remote Fire & Police Siren

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.