New Chevrolet Tahoe

FedSigFan

May 21, 2010
DFW

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Any idea what the Chevrolet Fleet Incentive costs are for the new Tahoe SSV? I'm up for a new vehicle in next year's budget. Would LOVE to have one of these.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I like it.

Also take note - the 2WD Tahoe is stable enough at speed to be available as a PPV, which makes it the only SUV rated to be in police pursuits. The 4WD version has higher suspension so it's available as a SSV.

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
it looks as though it has Whelens fix for the slopped roof line. It may have a wedge in it that is at to much of an angle, instead of leveling it , it made it point up

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
The Arlington, TX plant is still making 2010 Tahoe and Yukon vehicles as there is a high demand for them per a news report. Normally they would be shut down right now to retool and prep for the next model year. I highly doubt that is a 2011 as that production line has not stated yet, unless it is a pre-production test mule. Probably just local PD or even the local GM plant security that is just driving it around. Bell Helicopters by me is always seen off property with their fire and security vehicles with technically illegal lighting on a public road.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Chevrolet has it's own test and press fleet based out of Irving at the Southwest office. When I worked for them, in a shell company of Chevrolet, most of the press vehicles were titled and registered with normal Texas plates. Those vehicles were 'bought' through a local dealer (then Doran/Showcase Chevrolet), and sold back as what were called program or corprate cars. Test or evaluation vehicles would usually have manufacture plates (mostly Michigan) but sometimes we would do Texas plates (1996 pre production Tahoe PPV, dressed up as DPS had one). We would get Lumina's, Caprice's (until the end), and Camaro's from the cop shop in Michigan, dressed and decaled with bow ties, a Cheverolet Police Vehicles badge, and NOT IN SERVICE letters in white on the windshiled and back glass. Plain but light up car's were sent to departments for testing and evaluation. Dallas Police tested Lumina's back in the mid 90's only to have the front left wheel snap off in the PVOC, at the same turn. This happened one time with DPD alone, and 2 more times with Chevrolet engineers there to duplicate the problem. DPD also tested the Taurus Police Package and did not snap off wheels, which is how they ended up buying 10 Taurus cars marked for patrol, and 10 more unmarked for command staff.

Back to this Tahoe PPV, it is owned by Chevrolet, and no doubt being sent to some department for testing, or leaving. The lights and other equipment was installed up in Michigan at the corprate cop shop. That shop is really impressive, and back in the 90's, they had alot of the older car's that were just sitting around, with some sent out to various proving grounds for security or just for fun.

A dealer demo would have a dealer plate on it.

pmcg10

Jun 14, 2010
Connecticut
Nice, clean and simple. The lightbar looks like it is getting ready to take off.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I saw swps.com does a lot of lightbars like this . Colored lenses on the corners and clear in the middle . I am still a big fan of colored lenses not clear. I guess anything would look good on a PPV Tahoe.

Bikinjohn

Jul 22, 2010
USA Nevada
nerdly_dood said:
I like it.

Also take note - the 2WD Tahoe is stable enough at speed to be available as a PPV, which makes it the only SUV rated to be in police pursuits. The 4WD version has higher suspension so it's available as a SSV.

Well, sort of. They only make the PPV in 2wd. The PPV comes with lower suspension and smaller diameter tires which lowers the center of gravity making it the only pursuit rated suv. Now they only offer the SSV in 4wd which has the stock height supsension (I thought they used to offer the SSV in 2wd and 4wd options?). In the regular market the suspension on the 2wd and 4wd models are the same.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
Other than the lightbar being funny looking I wouldn't mind taken that truck but is the lightbar cricked or is warped it kinda looks crushed on the drivers side to me idk if I'm seeing things lol

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
ParkPiggy said:
What is cricked? I googled it, and looked it up in the dictionary, but found no definition.
"Cracked" typed wrong, probably.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
nerdly_dood said:
"Cracked" typed wrong, probably.

I would say cricked would be crooked

Main Entry: crook·ed

Pronunciation: \?kru?-k?d\

Function: adjective

Date: 13th century

1 : not straight <a crooked road> <your tie is crooked>

2 : dishonest <a crooked election> <crooked politicians>

— crook·ed·ly adverb

— crook·ed·ness noun

Normally a southern thang. I have not seen it spelled/pronouced 'cricked' in a long time. Not since I live in Texas. Grandma who lives down there still says it. :mrgreen: God love her.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
William H. said:
Sorry to bring the thread back from the dead, but the pictures are not working, does anyone still have them?
Generally, what happens is, people forget they have them posted somewhere, and delete them to make room for new pics, or shut down their account. Seeing as the last post was from 2010, that is most likely what happened.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.