New Federal Signal/Vama "Traffic Storm" LED lightbar with Message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I just thought some of you might be interested in seeing one of Federal Signal's newest lightbars for the European market looks like. It is called the "Traffic Storm" and has an integrated fold-down message board. The video is in German, sorry. The other lightbar displayed with the Traffic Storm is the older and more common P9000 Phoenix series lightbar with an integrated message matrix. Any questions let me know.

Police Grand-Ducale (Ministère de l'Intérieur) : Nei Bloluuchten fiert Police Grand-Ducale

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Jurgen.......................Where is der traffic sign from on top of your traffic storm??? Das ist on der highway. OOOPS.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I wanted to see how the sign looked from the front while up.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Just so you know, when the message board says: "Police bitte folgen" (german), it then goes on in french with: "Police, suivez nous", which means "Please follow".

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I wonder why the European market uses mostly single flash alternating patterns and mostly unpopulated bars opposed to the US market crazy pattern packed to the gills lighting set-ups.....

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
emtanderson51 said:
I wonder why the European market uses mostly single flash alternating patterns and mostly unpopulated bars opposed to the US market crazy pattern packed to the gills lighting set-ups.....

they have stricter rules and regulations in regards to their lighting set ups

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Ya gotta love a BMW police car.

I clicked on Google Translate, but it didn't work on the audio. :D

nypd-hire

May 25, 2010
Leicestershire, UK
emtanderson51 said:

Hi. The flash pattern is actually double-flash but it's too quick for the camera. The rules are set down in ECE Regulation 65. It's not enforced in the UK, but it's very strictly enforced in Europe. All (well most) of Fed Sig Vama products meet the requirements, Woodway Engineering have developed Reg65 approved Whelen Liberty, Freedom and Justice lightbars. Testing is very strict and very expensive to meet the requirements of Reg 65.

I think that's accurate - if anyone knows any better, then I stand corrected.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
toon80 said:
Just so you know, when the message board says: "Police bitte folgen" (german), it then goes on in french with: "Police, suivez nous", which means "Please follow".

My impression is that the French version, in keeping with their typical manners ( :D ) is less polite, meaning "follow us."

German: Bitte = please, folgen = follow. French: Suivez = please, nous = us.

That's not their only new product though - :: Vama Portal :: It's also available with stationary 360-degree LEDs, stationary directional LEDs, strobes, and 1-, 3- and 5-pod versions, in addition to the normal rotating LEDs, but it has the same shape as the older halogen Vector. The one-pod version, aka the IVP, has been renamed the Trident and it's also gotten updated features.

Also the Viper series, which is old hat in the States, has been introduced recently.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
nerdly_dood said:
My impression is that the French version, in keeping with their typical manners ( :D ) is less polite, meaning "follow us."

German: Bitte = please, folgen = follow. French: Suivez = please, nous = us.

Hmmm, not quite. I should've translated it as: "Police, follow us"

"Suivez"="follow", not "please". Imperative tense, 2nd person plural. As opposed to english, the french pronoun for 2nd person plural isn't the same as 2nd person singular, which , in english, is "you" in both cases.

So, with that being said, when you use the 2nd person plural in french, it naturally imply politeness, as for a teacher or someone you don't know, for instance.

I think the reason why the french message might not look as polite as the english or german ones is because the exact translation would be a bit long for a message board.

You'd read: "Police, s'il-vous-plaît(if you please/please), suivez-nous(follow us)". That would be quite distracting to read.... ;)

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
here as taken from Fedsig:

Priority and Complementary lights

In most European countries priority warning lights must comply with the European Regulation 65, which regulates flashing frequency, intensity, chromatic coordinates, temperature, degree of protection, etc.. Depending on each function, police vehicles may use a wide range of lights (protection lights, working lights, Alley lights, angle-adjustable spotlights, complementary lights, etc.).

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fedlight said:
Bar is greaty but price is high
1691,25 Euro

2367,75 $

That's nothing, their American branch has a rotating LED lightbar called the Vision SLR, if you get the full-featured version it'll definitely cost more than that! :D

fedlight

Jun 18, 2010
POLAND
I know ;d

SLR 7 pod Blue+ led alley + controler SmastSiren

4,215.00 USD

SLR 7 pods multicolor (4 color) + signal master led+ alley led+ controler SmartSiren

6,190.00 USD

LOL !

I made beacon multi led 10 x 3W LED RGB in lamp. ( color :blue,red,white,amber,green) 6 patterns.

alxjmrk

May 25, 2010
NC, USA
fedlight said:
I know ;d
SLR 7 pod Blue+ led alley + controler SmastSiren

4,215.00 USD

SLR 7 pods multicolor (4 color) + signal master led+ alley led+ controler SmartSiren

6,190.00 USD

LOL !

I made beacon multi led 10 x 3W LED RGB in lamp. ( color :blue,red,white,amber,green) 6 patterns.

I think we would all be interested in seeing the version you built!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesseclark2448

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.